Author Topic: The Top 10 Most Wanted Items on Your Wishlist  (Read 79954 times)

Re: The Top 10 Most Wanted Items on Your Wishlist
« Reply #345 on: December 27, 2017, 11:47:39 am »

1. King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match (PS2 - Japanese)

2. Raiden V: Directors Cut (PS4)
3. Layer Section (Saturn - Japanese)
4. Panzer Dragoon II Zwei (Saturn - Japanese)
5. Neir Automata (PS4)
6. Tekken 7 (PS4)
7. Battle Garegga Rev. 2016 (PS4)
8. Sine Mora EX (PS4)
9. NEO XYX (Dreamcast)
10. Alien Isolation (PS4)

Half of the old list got wiped out during Christmas so here is the new and improved Want List

1. Battle Garegga Rev. 2016 (PS4)
2. Panzer Dragoon II: Zwei (Saturn)
3. Alien Isolation (PS4)
4. Neo XYX (Dreamcast)
5. Everdrive 64
6. Batsugun (Saturn)
7. Sine Mora EX (PS4)
8. GigaWing 2 (Dreamcast)
9. Psychic Assassin Taromaru (Saturn)
10. Hyper Duel (Saturn)

Number 8 is a buy back for me; I sold my copy of GigaWing 2 for bills several months ago. I also sold Gunbird 2, but I'm okay with not reacquiring that one. Number 9 and 10 are pretty much pie in the sky place holders; they are games I'd love to own, but they are both prohibitively expensive and there is no way I'll be getting them anytime soon unless I get ultra lucky and find them for cheap or win the lottery.

« Reply #346 on: February 18, 2018, 01:42:40 pm »

1. King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match (PS2 - Japanese)

2. Raiden V: Directors Cut (PS4)
3. Layer Section (Saturn - Japanese)
4. Panzer Dragoon II Zwei (Saturn - Japanese)
5. Neir Automata (PS4)
6. Tekken 7 (PS4)
7. Battle Garegga Rev. 2016 (PS4)
8. Sine Mora EX (PS4)
9. NEO XYX (Dreamcast)
10. Alien Isolation (PS4)

Not a bad start to knocking this current want list out of the way. I'll probably be revising this list in June around my birthday when I'll hopefully get a few more of these items.

3. Alien Isolation (PS4)
4. Neo XYX (Dreamcast)
5. Everdrive 64
6. Batsugun (Saturn)
7. Sine Mora EX (PS4)
10. Hyper Duel (Saturn)

« Reply #347 on: February 20, 2018, 09:17:36 am »
Wow... it's been almost 2 months and I haven't knocked a single thing off of my Top 10.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #348 on: February 20, 2018, 09:52:08 am »

I love that this thing keeps changing.  I like to update it. 

1) PAL NES Games I don't have
2) Wai Wai World 2 (Famicom)
3) Mr. Gimmick Repro (NES)
4) Gargoyles (GEN)
5) Mutant League Hockey (GEN)
6) Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (Dreamcast)
7) All the Virtual Boy games
8 ) Cannon Spike (Dreamcast)
9) Def Jam Fight for New York (GCN)
10) Someone to finish this damn MAME cabinet I started 6 years ago.

I've knocked a couple off since October.  Got a couple of those PAL games. More hunting to come.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #349 on: February 20, 2018, 03:01:24 pm »
I've also made quite the headway on my list between Portland Gaming Expo, Christmas, and Tax Return.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 01:47:46 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #350 on: February 20, 2018, 03:26:15 pm »
I've also made quite the headway on my list between Portland Gaming Expo, Christmas, and Tax Return.

So I guess it's time to follow the trend and update my Top 10 List:

1. PSP Handheld
2. Albert Odyssey: The Legend of Eldean (Saturn)
3. The Punisher (Genesis)
4. Raiden V (XBox One)
5. Intelligent Qube (PS1)
6. Double Dragon Advance (GBA)
7. Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter
8. Final Fight 3 (SNES)
9. Super Double Dragon (SNES)
10. Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones (NES)
Punisher on Genesis has been on my shortlist of games to get rid of if I'm ever in a financial predicament.

So short and moderately bland.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #351 on: February 20, 2018, 05:20:18 pm »
Punisher was a childhood favorite. We had the arcade at our local 7-11, then we rented the hell out of the Genesis cart.

It was one of the better beat-em ups of the era since it had so many usable weapons and destructible stuff in the environment. But if you don't like those type of games in general, it doesn't change the formula or anything. Your basic Final Fight game, but with weapons.

« Reply #352 on: February 20, 2018, 11:58:45 pm »
My list has changed drastically since last time I commented.  I will update mine yearly.  :)

Currently, if I had to pick 10 games I wish I had it'd look a little like this.

1. Marvel Vs Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (PS1)
2. Dragon Ball Fighter Z (XB1)
3. Street Fighter Alpha 2 (SS)
4. An Xbox 360 Halo Edition
5. Godzilla [2014] (PS3)
6. Zelda BOTW Champions Amiibo 4 pack (NS/Wii U)
7. Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (SG)
8. Axiom Verge Collector's edition (NS)
9. Street Fighter Anniversary Collection/Alpha Antology (PS2)
10. Alan Wake (360)

This is prone to change at any whim as the wind blows and the tide changes with the moon lol.  But I do have Fighting game fever as of late.  :D

« Reply #353 on: April 16, 2018, 04:31:01 pm »

3. Alien Isolation (PS4)
4. Neo XYX (Dreamcast)
5. Everdrive 64
6. Batsugun (Saturn)
7. Sine Mora EX (PS4)
10. Hyper Duel (Saturn)

This list has changed pretty dramatically so I'm going to revise it.

1. Psychic Assassin Taromaru (Saturn)
2. Panzer Dragoon II Zwei (Saturn)
3. Alien Isolation (PS4)
4. Dodonpachi SaiDaiOuJou (360)
5. Blast Wind (Saturn)
6. Zanac x Zanac (PS1)
7. Everdrive 64
8. Sonic Wings Special (Saturn)
9. Hyper Duel (Saturn)
10. Sega Ages 2500: Virtua Fighter 2 (PS2)

The really crazy thing about making this list was that it was actually hard for me to think 10 games to place in my want list. Once I got about seven items in I really had to comb through various video games that I'm still after to find ones that I'd actually be excited about owning. I think I've really reached the end of the road in terms of collecting. I've owned a lot of the big name titles, a lot of the trophy games, and obtained nearly every desired game I've ever wanted. Currently my focus has been on playing what I have after many years of pursing games that I planned on playing someday. I still get excited about the occasional new release, but in terms of retro I feel like I'm more or less done.

Sadly, many of the games in my top 10 most wanted are very expensive, but at this point they are really the only games I can think of that I still really want to own and play. We'll see if I end up getting any of those heavy hitters any time soon, and to be honest after playing them if I don't think they are exceptional I will probably end up selling them, just as I've done with several CAVE shooters on the 360 I've bought recently.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:48:14 am by bikingjahuty »

sworddude

« Reply #354 on: April 17, 2018, 10:33:27 am »

3. Alien Isolation (PS4)
4. Neo XYX (Dreamcast)
5. Everdrive 64
6. Batsugun (Saturn)
7. Sine Mora EX (PS4)
10. Hyper Duel (Saturn)

3. Alien Isolation (PS4)
5. Blast Wind (Saturn)
6. Zanac x Zanac (PS1)
7. Everdrive 64
9. Hyper Duel (Saturn)

The really crazy thing about making this list was that it was actually hard for me to think 10 games to place in my want list. Once I got about seven items in I really had to comb through various video games that I'm still after to find ones that I'd actually be excited about owning. I think I've really reached the end of the road in terms of collecting. I've owned a lot of the big name titles, a lot of the trophy games, and obtained nearly every desired game I've ever wanted. Currently my focus has been on playing what I have after many years of pursing games that I planned on playing someday. I still get excited about the occasional new release, but in terms of retro I feel like I'm more or less done.

Sadly, many of the games in my top 10 most wanted are very expensive, but at this point they are really the only games I can think of that I still really want to own and play. We'll see if I end up getting any of those heavy hitters any time soon, and to be honest after playing them if I don't think they are exceptional I will probably end up selling them, just as I've done with several CAVE shooters on the 360 I've bought recently.

Why don't you just emulate them than. I doubt any games are that exceptionally good considering the prices they go for.

Save yourselves the loss unless you want to own them.

Saturn can already be emulated and It will only be more easy as time goes by. just wait a few years maybe some ps4 releases will come or just that emulation will be perfect on saturn.

I will say though I've seen many people buying the original just for the experience and than selling them on because they are so expensive, not to uncommon but quite the hassle I can imagine.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 10:36:46 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #355 on: April 17, 2018, 12:04:25 pm »

3. Alien Isolation (PS4)
4. Neo XYX (Dreamcast)
5. Everdrive 64
6. Batsugun (Saturn)
7. Sine Mora EX (PS4)
10. Hyper Duel (Saturn)

3. Alien Isolation (PS4)
5. Blast Wind (Saturn)
6. Zanac x Zanac (PS1)
7. Everdrive 64
9. Hyper Duel (Saturn)

Why don't you just emulate them than. I doubt any games are that exceptionally good considering the prices they go for.

Saturn can already be emulated and It will only be more easy as time goes by. just wait a few years maybe some ps4 releases will come or just that emulation will be perfect on saturn.

I will say though I've seen many people buying the original just for the experience and than selling them on because they are so expensive, not to uncommon but quite the hassle I can imagine.

My experience with emulating Saturn has been sub-par overall. Trust me, if Saturn emulated just as well as SNES or even newer consoles like PSP or Wii I'd be going that route over spending $500 on Taromaru or Hyper Duel. Luckily Hyper Duel is easily emulated via MAME, but the game is so awesome that I'd actually like to own it someday, hopefully for cheaper than it's current price. But yeah, the Saturn is an incredibly hard console to emulate for and nearly all the emulated games I've played for it have been unplayable or a buggy mess. Probably the worst part is how the current emulators handle the 3D textures and shadowing, at least the Saturn games I've emulated. Who knows though, maybe emulation will come along enough that by the time I'd actually be able to put down $500 there will be an emulator that will play Saturn games competently.

sworddude

« Reply #356 on: April 17, 2018, 12:21:21 pm »

3. Alien Isolation (PS4)
4. Neo XYX (Dreamcast)
5. Everdrive 64
6. Batsugun (Saturn)
7. Sine Mora EX (PS4)
10. Hyper Duel (Saturn)

3. Alien Isolation (PS4)
5. Blast Wind (Saturn)
6. Zanac x Zanac (PS1)
7. Everdrive 64
9. Hyper Duel (Saturn)

My experience with emulating Saturn has been sub-par overall. Trust me, if Saturn emulated just as well as SNES or even newer consoles like PSP or Wii I'd be going that route over spending $500 on Taromaru or Hyper Duel. Luckily Hyper Duel is easily emulated via MAME, but the game is so awesome that I'd actually like to own it someday, hopefully for cheaper than it's current price. But yeah, the Saturn is an incredibly hard console to emulate for and nearly all the emulated games I've played for it have been unplayable or a buggy mess. Probably the worst part is how the current emulators handle the 3D textures and shadowing, at least the Saturn games I've emulated. Who knows though, maybe emulation will come along enough that by the time I'd actually be able to put down $500 there will be an emulator that will play Saturn games competently.

It's pretty much guaranteed that saturn emulation will be flawless after some point in time it will happen with all consoles.

The reason why saturn games were pretty much impossible to emlulate was because they could not even crack the system. It has been cracked a few years ago so perfect emulation will come at some point allot of progress has been made since than.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 03:24:17 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #357 on: April 20, 2018, 10:44:26 am »
  • Akai Katana (360)
  • Bomberman 64: Second Attack (N64)
  • Clock Tower (PS1)
  • NCIS (360)
  • Obscure (PS2)
  • Ogre Battle (N64)
  • Sniper Elite (PS2)
  • Snowboard Kids 2 (N64)
  • Tales of Vesperia (360)
  • Yakuza 3 (PS3)
Actually knocked out about half of my list over the past few months.  Not working on it again, but I'll update.

• Adventures of Darwin (PS2)
  • Akai Katana (360)
  • Battle Engine Aquila (PS2)
  • Bomberman 64: Second Attack (N64)
  • Clock Tower (PS1)
  • Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (360)
  • Holiday 2004 Demo Disc (PS2)
  • Obscure (PS2)
  • Road Rage (PS4)
  • Snowboard Kids 2 (N64)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 08:54:00 am by ignition365 »

« Reply #358 on: May 13, 2018, 11:53:16 am »
Wow! I went to visit some family about 70-miles from where I live, which was nice because it also gave me an excuse to visit a chain of game stores they have up there which are some of the best I've ever been to in terms of selection and price. As I said in my previous post, there is very little left out there that gets me excited or that I have a desire to buy, but of course they had to have a ton of highly desirably Sega Saturn shooters (and several Dreamcast ones too) that I wanted, including two on my list. I spent a pretty penny on everything I bought, but it was enough under ebay to where it was worth capitalizing on the opportunity. Here is where my current list stands:

3. Alien Isolation (PS4)
5. Blast Wind (Saturn)
6. Zanac x Zanac (PS1)
7. Everdrive 64
9. Hyper Duel (Saturn)

I have a birthday coming up and most of the other items on my list are on there, so I imagine I'll be updating this again after that. Sadly, I'm pretty sure it's going to take me some time to formulate a top 10 list since there isn't much outside this that I really want.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #359 on: May 23, 2018, 01:57:03 pm »
Old list - Deleted
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 02:20:01 am by burningdoom »