Author Topic: Famicom from Japan  (Read 1908 times)

90snostalga

Famicom from Japan
« on: November 09, 2013, 03:04:07 am »
I noticed that some Famicom console's and games are cheaper if buying on Ebay from Japan.  I am very hesitant on this because I'm afraid to order anything from outside the country.  Has any one ordered from Japan on Ebay?  Any problems?

Re: Famicom from Japan
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 06:29:29 am »
Almost all of my games come from Japanese or Chinese sellers, either through eBay or websites like Play-Asia. I won't lie to you and say I've never had a problem, but I can honestly say that I've been doing this for at least a decade now and I've had no more problems with overseas mail than I have with domestic shipping. Check the listing carefully, buy from sellers with good, recent, feedback and do your research before making a bid - easy!

soera

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 11:52:28 am »
I buy a lot of stuff from overseas and I havent had any issues getting my items, it just takes a while. There are just as many sorry ass sellers state wide, if not more so, than over seas.

theflea

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 12:26:00 pm »
I've bought many Games and Consoles form Japan and honestly never had much issues. The few times I had a Game that didn't work, I contact the seller and I ether get another one sent to me or a refund.

I have had more issues with European Ebay sales. One I recall was I bought an item and was contacted by the seller saying it was going to cost me more to ship, so I sent the money and NEVER GET THE ITEM.
Others I buy and next thing I know they close down their Ebay account shortly after I pay them.  >:(
This has happened a few times. luckily Ebay refunded my money on all but one time. (I was one day late filing the claim)

Overall I have a good experience with oversea Ebay sellers especially Japan.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

pacpix

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 01:52:17 pm »
I have bought a few things from Japan on Ebay and have had no problems.  Just be prepared to wait for long shipping times.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 04:15:26 pm »
I have also bought a lot of stuff from ebay japan and can honestly say that it has been better to deal with them than any US seller. The only thing that sucks, like everyone else has stated, is the shipping time, you either get to pay a lot, sometimes more than the item itself, or you have to wait awhile.

90snostalga

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 06:57:20 pm »
Thanks for all the feedback.  I now believe it's safe, I will just have to develop patience lol

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 01:37:25 pm »
I've purchased many Saturn imports off ebay and have had no bad experiences so far.  Probably 100 or so imports over the years.  The worst part is the 3-4 weeks of waiting.  Many sellers over there have 10000+ good transactions, maybe try a couple big sellers first.  GL!

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 09:10:53 am »
I've taken a liking to Japanese collecting. Some Japanese titles are far cheaper then their western counterpart. For example, a month ago I bought Mario Kart 64 (JPN) for $5.50 complete-in-box, Super Smash Bros. (JPN) CIB for $20 and just a week ago I bought an (Orange) Spice GameCube for 15 dollars. With that said shipping can get out of hand on bigger items like consoles.

anruiukimi

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 11:08:31 am »
I buy from Japan constantly, both Ebay, Yahoo!Japan Auctions, and Japanese stores. I think in the 15+ years I've been doing so, I've had two? problems, one of which was an easily resolved shipping issue (USPS misrouted the package, said it was undeliverable, and sent it back) and one never received item from Ebay, which may have been a lost package as well.

It's never perfect, but I've not had anymore problems than anywhere else.