Author Topic: Consolized MVS Solutions?  (Read 6415 times)

Re: Consolized MVS Solutions?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2013, 01:58:07 am »
The Japanese stuff's more common - same reason a Japanese Panzer Dragoon Saga costs£10 while a UK one costs £100+. The Neo Geo also has that collectors "scene" outside Japan too, where everyone's constantly trying to out e-peen each other - that bumps up the price as well :/

bobster

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 10:08:22 am »
Man I'd love to get into all this but it's so pricey! Damn I'd love to get my Samurai Shodown on though.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 03:41:07 pm »
Prices really aren't bad if you go MVS, and Vogatek superguns were only like $40-50, iirc. Gotta wait on mine until after the holidays, but hopefully soon!

bobster

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 04:01:12 pm »
Prices really aren't bad if you go MVS, and Vogatek superguns were only like $40-50, iirc. Gotta wait on mine until after the holidays, but hopefully soon!
I'll be honest, I had no idea about MVS vs AES before today. I just watched a youtube video and it makes sense that AES is now more expensive. You never hear of anyone ever owning an AES NeoGeo machine. I'm definitely going to look into the superguns and MVS carts. Then I just have to figure out what type of outputs it has and the controllers you can use.

Thanks for peaking my interest!

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 10:12:47 am »
Samurai Spirits II, IMO honestly one of the best beat 'em ups ever, can be had CIB for AES for about £20. Yes, some games are £500+, but not all - and not all the good ones either. MVS is still the better option (I'd never be able to afford Blazing Star on AES, but I've had the MVS cart for a good while now), but a decent AES collection isn't impossible.

As for superguns, etc - please take a look at the blog post I mentioned earlier in this topic ^^~ http://shinjuforest.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/demystifying-arcade-hardware.html

bobster

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2013, 11:21:21 am »
Samurai Spirits II, IMO honestly one of the best beat 'em ups ever, can be had CIB for AES for about £20. Yes, some games are £500+, but not all - and not all the good ones either. MVS is still the better option (I'd never be able to afford Blazing Star on AES, but I've had the MVS cart for a good while now), but a decent AES collection isn't impossible.

As for superguns, etc - please take a look at the blog post I mentioned earlier in this topic ^^~ http://shinjuforest.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/demystifying-arcade-hardware.html
That was a very interesting read. So generally what you need is the MVS cart, the supergun, a powersupply for the supergun (unless it includes some sort of power), video cable, and controllers (unless the supergun is built into a controller deck). Pretty cool stuff! I think after the holidays I might buy a supergun then start looking into the rest of the parts over time.

I love the fact that MVS carts have all languages on it and the motherboard BIOS controls what's displayed. That's very cool.

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2013, 11:26:33 am »
There's one important thing you missed there - an MVS motherboard for the MVS carts to go into! But other than that you're right :)

bobster

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2013, 11:28:13 am »
There's one important thing you missed there - an MVS motherboard for the MVS carts to go into! But other than that you're right :)
Sorry, in my head I considered those as a part that's with the game lol. I guess that's probably not the case though. You just need one MVS motherboard per each type you're using? Then the games are interchangeable that work with that motherboard. I did miss that point now that I think about it lol.

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2013, 11:31:23 am »
You buy one motherboard then plug the games into it - just like you'd buy a SNES and then buy SNES games to plug into it - it's no more complicated than that for MVS games.

bobster

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2013, 11:32:50 am »
Makes sense! I did forget that part though. Thanks for clarifying! Your blog was awesome btw. The pictures definitely helped.

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2013, 11:46:40 am »
Happy to help :)