Author Topic: CACHED: PSP game recommendations  (Read 931 times)

desocietas

CACHED: PSP game recommendations
« on: November 21, 2011, 11:31:10 am »
@andrew November 12
I just bought my first PSP. (Just in time for the PS Vita!) What are your favorite PSP games?

@madmax November 12
Depends on the genre you're looking for. Final Fantasy: Crisis Core is pretty solid.
I've always liked the god of war games as well :)

@scott November 12
If you dig quirky Japanese games. Go with Patapon and LocoRoco. I second Crisis Core too, and Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles. Assassin's Creed Bloodlines is good for some Assassin's Creed on the go, better than Altairs Chronicles on DS.

@andrew November 12
I looking for all genres: Shoot 'em ups, JRPGs, Puzzle, etc.. Any recommendation will be useful to me. I definitely look into the current suggestions.

@desocietas November 12
I haven't purchased many games for my PSP yet, but did enjoy Ys Seven. I bough Ys: Oath but have yet to play it. Currently playing Persona 2: Innocent Sin still, but might move on to something else soon. Do you have Gamefly? I usually use that matched with Metacritic's list to catch up on some well-received titles: http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/psp/metascore?view=condensed&hardware=all

@andrew November 12
Thanks for the recommendations! I don't have Gamefly, but the list looks very good.

@psydswipe November 14
I don't own a PSP but I have borrowed one for two games: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2 and Valkyria Chronicles 2. Hot Shots is great if you like that series. Valkyria Chronicles has a ton of content but I found it disappointing in comparison to the first game on PS3. The way the maps are set up frustrated me. Still, there is plenty to do and it's not bad, though it can be repetitive and there is a lot of dialog to read.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Re: CACHED: PSP game recommendations
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 01:32:52 pm »
I recommend Jeanne D'Arc and Tactics Ogre!

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 01:41:58 pm »
I recommend Jeanne D'Arc and Tactics Ogre!

I was wondering about those two!  Good to know...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 02:00:56 pm »
Ah, and just in time Amazon is doing a sale for the PSP-3000 and PSP games throughout the day: http://t.co/1lWoyvi8
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 02:05:09 pm »
Ah, and just in time Amazon is doing a sale for the PSP-3000 and PSP games throughout the day: http://t.co/1lWoyvi8

Ys Seven at 1pm probably... I guess I'll be picking that one up if it's cheap enough.  Legend of Heroes is also on sale... anyone play that one yet?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas