Author Topic: The Wii U is a failure?  (Read 17055 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: The Wii U is a failure?
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2014, 01:15:59 pm »
None taken.

I should clarify that I skipped RE5 when it first came out. I waited for the gold edition with PS move support. It's a much better version of the game and includes lots of bonus content that jack up the replay ability. I didn't bother with RE 6 because the developers in their infinite wisdom decided nobody wanted ps move controls. :-p.

Ever since RE4 for Wii I have only wanted Wii/PS move controls for RE.

I was the opposite, I thought the Wii controls ruined an amazing game lol

My Bro-inLaw feels the same way.

I think it's a personal preference thing. I bought RE 4 for the Game Cube and didn't play too far past the first level because of the controls. After purchasing the Wii edition I completed the entire game multiple times including the missionaries mode.

« Reply #136 on: May 03, 2014, 05:19:03 pm »
None taken.

I should clarify that I skipped RE5 when it first came out. I waited for the gold edition with PS move support. It's a much better version of the game and includes lots of bonus content that jack up the replay ability. I didn't bother with RE 6 because the developers in their infinite wisdom decided nobody wanted ps move controls. :-p.

I think it's a personal preference thing. I bought RE 4 for the Game Cube and didn't play too far past the first level because of the controls. After purchasing the Wii edition I completed the entire game multiple times including the missionaries mode.

Completely the opposite, I played it on the Gamecube at least a half dozen times, 3 or 4 times on the PS2, and I barely played the Wii version lol

dreama1

« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2014, 07:19:37 pm »
None taken.

Completely the opposite, I played it on the Gamecube at least a half dozen times, 3 or 4 times on the PS2, and I barely played the Wii version lol

spac316

« Reply #138 on: May 07, 2014, 06:25:17 pm »
Well, sales aren't so hot but I don't see it as a failure. I'm guessing it'll pick up when the bigger titles come out.

I think it's the short sighted devlopers that freaked out and bailed on the system because it wasn't up to their standards sales wise that is contributing to the downtime when they should know that Nintendo's classic franchises would help it stay afloat. I also understand that Nintendo needs to step-up on the marketing presentation of the console better and step out of their comfort zone a bit more.

But there are some good games on the system with more on the way.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2014, 12:58:47 am »
I think it's the short sighted devlopers that freaked out and bailed on the system because it wasn't up to their standards sales wise that is contributing to the downtime when they should know that Nintendo's classic franchises would help it stay afloat. I also understand that Nintendo needs to step-up on the marketing presentation of the console better and step out of their comfort zone a bit more.

Yep, it requires them to think outside the box a bit and not just crank out another sequel on the same engines they've already been milking for game after game.

Say what you want about Nintendo but they've got a set of brass ones when it comes to trying new things and taking risks. Most of the major players ignored the wii until it was sold out for months straight. Then suddenly it was a mad dash to shovel stuff out the door as fast as possible.

Among that some good stuff still managed to come out. Some revolutionary and even great stuff. But now that everyone has HD TVs its like nothing was learned from the exercise and they are all back to "I can put better sound and graphics into my game on system X"

Nice graphics are good to have, but diverse, fun, immersive, and original experiences are what I really want as a gamer.