Author Topic: Systems that Kind of Belong with Another Brand Name  (Read 594 times)

sin2beta

Systems that Kind of Belong with Another Brand Name
« on: December 12, 2013, 07:30:42 pm »
I've often wondered two things:

1) Should the Phillips CDI be included in a Nintendo collection?

2) Should the Neo Geo Pocket Color be included in a Sega collection?

Also, are there any other systems that are strongly associated with another company?

I wonder this because I always considered the NGPC the successor to the Game Gear. It was to the Dreamcast what the Game Gear was to the Genesis. You could connect your NGPC to your Dreamcast. It shared games. It was heavily featured in the Official Dreamcast Magazine.

Also, when I collected Nintendo, I was always curious about the CDi games. I knew they were bad. But a Zelda collection never seemed truly complete without the CDi Zelda games. This leads me to wonder if the CDi should be part of a proper complete Nintendo console collection due to the history.

Of course, each collector has their own definition. Just like every full set collector has a different definition of a "full set". Just curious what others thought of these examples.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Systems that Kind of Belong with Another Brand Name
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 07:54:01 pm »
The NGPC only had 1 Sega game, though. Can't say I agree there. It definitely had an SNK feel to it, for the most part.

I don't own, nor have I even played a CD-i, so I can't really comment there.

pacpix

Re: Systems that Kind of Belong with Another Brand Name
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 10:59:52 pm »
Activision 2600.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter