Author Topic: Love It or Hate It: Video Game Edition - Super Mario 64  (Read 2591 times)

azure

Re: Love It or Hate It: Video Game Edition - Super Mario 64
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 07:18:38 pm »
If I had to pick a side I would lean towards liking it. Its not my favorite 3d platformer by any means, I find it overrated and praised too much. BUT I do see why people do praise it so much and consider it a good game.

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 08:33:08 pm »
I Personally love it, I can't imagine where gaming would be without it.

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 03:46:46 pm »
The game that made me realize I hate 3D platfomers, and the last Mario game I ever bothered playing. I know a lot of people love it and see it as groundbreaking, but coming off of SMB2 and 3, I thought it was bland, flavorless, and clunky. The N64 controller didn't help.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 06:46:21 pm »
The N64 controller didn't help.

Yeah, that damn controller pretty much kills any potential the system actually does have for me.

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2013, 06:53:31 pm »
The N64 controller didn't help.

Yeah, that damn controller pretty much kills any potential the system actually does have for me.

I don't mind the controller, it doesn't feel uncomfortable to me.

pacpix

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2013, 08:57:51 pm »
The game that made me realize I hate 3D platfomers, and the last Mario game I ever bothered playing. I know a lot of people love it and see it as groundbreaking, but coming off of SMB2 and 3, I thought it was bland, flavorless, and clunky. The N64 controller didn't help.

Have you tried the New Super Mario Bros series?
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

scott

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2013, 08:15:09 am »

Have you tried the New Super Mario Bros series?

Ya, the New SMB games are pretty good. I'd suggest either New Super Mario Bros on DS or NSMB 2 on 3DS. The Wii one is good too, but I liked the portable ones better.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2013, 10:09:04 am »
Im kind of middle of the road with it, simply because I didn't have an N64 back in the day. A buddy of mine had it and I only played it for like 15 minutes, when I got an N64 though I enjoyed it, but if given the choice I'd rather play the original naughty dog crash bandicoot games or Jak and Daxter and Sly Cooper... Now Banjo Kazooie on the other hand I hate