Author Topic: Your best gaming deal  (Read 4307 times)

atariboy

Re: Your best gaming deal
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2013, 02:12:21 pm »
Definitely my copy of Out of Control for atari that I got for 50 cents....

Damn!! Now that's a deal.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2013, 05:22:16 pm »
Oh yeah!  I flipped it for like....  %25000 profit within a week~!

theflea

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2013, 09:14:32 pm »
wow best deals.... here's a few off the top of my head in the last couple years.

SNES - Mega Man 7 $5
SNES - Earthbound $5
SNES - Chrono Trigger $5
SNES - Pocky & Rocky $1
SNES - Final Fight 3 (CIB) $5
SNES - Ghoul Patrol $2
SNES - Hagane $20

NES - Tengen Tetris $15
NES - Panic Restaurant $30 (this made a local game store owner mad at me) lol
NES - Zombie Nation $40

GEN - Madden NFL 95 Championship Edition $1 (sells for $100)

Sharp NES TV Combo system $100

An $80 Laseractive Game for $5

Those Remote Atari Controller CIB for $6

The CD-I 220 lot I picked up with 15 games (including Zelda: Link Faces of Evil) and rollerball controller for $40.

The Bally Arcade lot with 20+ games, 6 controllers and many extras including an extremely rare game worth well over $200 alone all for $120.

That CIB Sega SG-1000 MK II lot that came 13 games 4 where CIB for $250, sounds like a lot but when you value everything it would sell well over $1000.

A complete Nintendo Virtual Boy for 25 cents, When I first posted this find when I tested it one eye didn't work. But then later I tested it out again and it worked great, both eyes. I tested it many times after and it always worked. So yay got a working VB for 25c lol

A lot of Sega Saturn system & 25 games all CIB (some sealed) for $20

I'm sure there's more, but these are the highlights that I can recall from the last couple years that where awesome deals.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2013, 02:13:37 am »
wow best deals.... here's a few off the top of my head in the last couple years.

SNES - Mega Man 7 $5
SNES - Earthbound $5
SNES - Chrono Trigger $5
SNES - Pocky & Rocky $1
SNES - Final Fight 3 (CIB) $5
SNES - Ghoul Patrol $2
SNES - Hagane $20

NES - Tengen Tetris $15
NES - Panic Restaurant $30 (this made a local game store owner mad at me) lol
NES - Zombie Nation $40

GEN - Madden NFL 95 Championship Edition $1 (sells for $100)

Sharp NES TV Combo system $100

An $80 Laseractive Game for $5

Those Remote Atari Controller CIB for $6

The CD-I 220 lot I picked up with 15 games (including Zelda: Link Faces of Evil) and rollerball controller for $40.

The Bally Arcade lot with 20+ games, 6 controllers and many extras including an extremely rare game worth well over $200 alone all for $120.

That CIB Sega SG-1000 MK II lot that came 13 games 4 where CIB for $250, sounds like a lot but when you value everything it would sell well over $1000.

A complete Nintendo Virtual Boy for 25 cents, When I first posted this find when I tested it one eye didn't work. But then later I tested it out again and it worked great, both eyes. I tested it many times after and it always worked. So yay got a working VB for 25c lol

A lot of Sega Saturn system & 25 games all CIB (some sealed) for $20

I'm sure there's more, but these are the highlights that I can recall from the last couple years that where awesome deals.

You seem to do quite well....

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2013, 04:30:54 pm »
I score awesome deals all the time, in fact I don't think I ever paid more than $15 for a vintage console, including a Super NES.

However, recently on craigslist I saw a PS2 steering wheel on the "free" section. I decided to pick it up on my way home from work one day. When I got to the house, they had tossed about 20-30 PS2 games in the box with the wheel — which I immediately noticed was a Logitech force feedback wheel for the Xbox 360!

So, the next day the person sent me an email APOLOGIZING to me because they realized the steering wheel was for the Xbox 360 instead of the PS2 — and that they had the PS2 wheel if I wanted to stop and pick it up! When I got there they had tossed in a few more PS2 games in the box!

In the end, the Logitech wheel needed a power supply which I could only find online for about $10 — and the PS2 wheel had a broken pin in one of the connector cables associated with the foot pedals. I was able to find a replacement pedal set on Ebay — which also had a broken part inside for about $7 and I was able to fix that one with the parts from the broken pedal set I had from the free one I picked up.

So in the end I got a logitech Drive FX wheel, a Cobra TT wheel for the PS2, and about 35-40 PS2 games for $17 which isn't bad at all.

I don't have a good table or rack to clamp my wheels to for playing racing games right now so they are collecting dust until I find something I can deal with — but it was still a fun find.

Even though it is fun, I am WAY better at racing games with the analog sticks than I am with the wheels, even if I have the sensitivity set correctly.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 04:32:49 pm by PimpernickleBag »

azure

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2013, 08:41:52 pm »
I got my Earthbound (SNES) for a buck at a local flea market.

thomascozine

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2013, 03:11:11 am »
I've had a few awesome finds:

EarthBound (Cart Only) $5.95

Little Samson (Cart Only) $5.00

Action52 Genesis (Cart Only) $10-$15 I can't remember exactly.

Link The Faces Of Evil, Zelda Wand Of Gamelon, & Hotel Mario (All Complete) $100

sin2beta

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2013, 03:38:15 am »

What games? $250 sounds like a good deal, but $1000 seems really high. Thinking about expensive SG1000 games and a mkii, I would figure 400-600 depending on the time of day.

Have you ever looked into a broker service? Most SG1000 games can be snagged for about 300-1000 yen. Then combine ship via the broker. Good way to snag systems too. I know many a Saturn or MSX collector that do this.

Fantastic deal either way, just curious if you know something I don't.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

foxhack

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2013, 01:03:58 pm »
Well, I found Snatcher and Popful Mail (Sega CD) complete in box for three dollars each today.

How's that sound?

soera

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2013, 02:45:35 pm »
Popful mail was always one of the Sega CD games Ive wanted but never got around to picking up. $3 is awesome.

theflea

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2013, 07:33:51 am »

What games? $250 sounds like a good deal, but $1000 seems really high. Thinking about expensive SG1000 games and a mkii, I would figure 400-600 depending on the time of day.

Have you ever looked into a broker service? Most SG1000 games can be snagged for about 300-1000 yen. Then combine ship via the broker. Good way to snag systems too. I know many a Saturn or MSX collector that do this.

Fantastic deal either way, just curious if you know something I don't.
After going through the current prices your pretty much right. When I said $1000 I kinda guessed on a total value. but after looking up what they have sold on ebay for everything i got you could get for about $500 - $600. The most valuable game that I got is Girl's Garden, This game sells alone for around $50 - $100.

The system CIB sells for about $250-$300
and all the games I got roughly sell for a total of about $250-$300.
So I basicly paid for the system and got 13 games with it for free.  8)

"Happy game hunting!!!"

flatapex

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2013, 03:13:06 pm »
power strike 2 for the master system here in the uk

£3/$5

I have been offered lots more than that about 8 times over in the last 4-5 months without trying
You do not have an area. Unless it is some sort of play area, with sandcastles, and buckets, and spades!

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2014, 02:45:28 am »
Earthbound(SNES) - $5
Valkyrie Profile(PS1) - $2
Final Fight 3(SNES) - $10
Jurassic Park Operation Genesis(XBOX and PS2) - $3
Haunting Ground(PS2) - $2
Sunday Funday(NES) - Free
Sparkster(Genesis) - Free
Winning Post (Saturn) - $3
Conker's Bad Fur Day(n64) - $5
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen(PS1) - $2
NES Top Loader - $20
Pikachu N64 console - $30

A lot of other great deals as well, just can't remember them off the top of my head.

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2014, 08:31:55 am »
I've gotten some fantastic deals over the years (decades really) but the one that always stands out to me is around 2002 where I got an Atari 2600 and 120 games for $10 at a yardsale, some pretty rare games in that lot too.

karyann

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2014, 11:03:47 am »
Hardware-wise, I was given an Atari 2600 last year with 3 controllers (classic joystick, keypad and paddles). I also got a Pokémon Gold&Silver gameboy color for $10.

As for games, my best finds would be:
-Demon's Crest SNES $5
-Digimon World: Dawn DS $10
-Gameboy Player with disc in its original case and the cardboard over it for $15

I have a few other "nice finds", but they're not as much worth mentioning.  These 3 are my favourite :)