Author Topic: Wii mini Console  (Read 2246 times)

90snostalga

Wii mini Console
« on: December 29, 2013, 04:37:18 pm »
We got the Wii Mini for our oldest child (9 years old) for Christmas and she loves it and it's a perfect gift for her!  Simple to connect and she feels like she is grown.  I see on youtube every one is hating and putting the Wii Mini down so much but I don't understand why people are doing that.  It's so crazy that people are saying it's the stupidest thing in the world but for some situations, like kids, it seems perfect for us.  What do you guys think?

soera

Re: Wii mini Console
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 04:38:48 pm »
The people reason dont like it is cause it lacks the ability to have Netflix. Which should never be a selling point for a video game system. I am personally interested in one and think they are cool as hell.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 05:16:05 pm »
another thing is that it's just your normal general hatered towards the Wii for it not being "hardcore enough" which Flawed due to the fact that I have as many Wii games as I do 360 games. I personally like the design, but I have no plans on getting it due to the fact I've got the Wii U to play my Wii games on and I have my first year Wii hooked up for 480p gamecube games. however for a child who just getting into games I see it as a good buy.

90snostalga

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 05:56:32 pm »
The people reason dont like it is cause it lacks the ability to have Netflix. Which should never be a selling point for a video game system. I am personally interested in one and think they are cool as hell.

Yea I'm keeping the box and manuals and stuff on display for her.  Problem is, she does not take care of anything, so we bought it with the understanding that it may not work after 1 year but even if it does or not, whenever she says she don't want it any more, I'll be glad to take it and display it lol.   

sin2beta

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 05:58:04 pm »
The biggest thing that I knew about it is the removal of gamecube support. The other big one was that it does not support component video. This would be enough for me not to buy it over the other.

If it's just a kid playing a game, this won't matter much.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

darko

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 02:52:48 pm »
Why do I think it's a ridiculous console? No online! You can't even access the ol' shop and get the classics. It's $100 for something that, compared to it's predecessor, is absolutely inferior. Especially considering that $100 would buy you 3 of the original Wiis that have everything the Wii Mini doesn't. It's just a heartless money grab from N IMO.

I wouldn't hate on it AT ALL if they at least put a freaking ethernet port on the back.

But don't listen to my ranting, the only thing I think Nintendo has done correctly over the past few years is the 3DS.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 02:55:15 pm by darko »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 02:54:58 pm »
Why do I think it's a ridiculous console? No online! You can't even access the ol' shop and get the classics. It's $100 for something that, compared to it's predecessor, is absolutely inferior. Especially considering that $100 would buy you 3 of the original Wiis that have everything the Wii Mini doesn't. It's just a heartless money grab from N IMO.

I wouldn't hate on it AT ALL if they at least put a freaking ethernet port on the back.

But don't listen to my ranting, the only thing I think Nintendo has done correctly in the past few years is the 3DS.

I don't agree with that last line (Wii U immeadiatly comes to mind, some killer games coming out for it, and the Wii really does have a lot of hidden gems amongst the shovelware).

But I absolutely agree with the rest. I don't see why someone would pay for a Wii Mini when the regular Wii's are dirt-cheap right now.

darko

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 02:57:53 pm »

I don't agree with that last line (Wii U immeadiatly comes to mind, some killer games coming out for it, and the Wii really does have a lot of hidden gems amongst the shovelware).

But I absolutely agree with the rest. I don't see why someone would pay for a Wii Mini when the regular Wii's are dirt-cheap right now.

Yeah, it's probably just a preference thing...but I'm tired of Mario games...very tired of them, and the only two games that I have ANY interest whatsoever in playing on the WiiU are remakes....which I already own on other systems. There are some games coming out that look great, but there are now going to be a LOT of games coming out over the next few years (PS4, etc) that peak my interest much, much more.

I just don't get the impression that Nintendo gives two shits about the WiiU. If they don't, I'm not going to waste my time.

EDIT: Yes, there are some great gems on the Wii itself, but I give companies like XSEED way more credit for that than Nintendo :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 03:03:23 pm by darko »

atariboy

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 09:11:06 pm »
I wish I had the money to buy one. I like the idea of just a basic unit that only plays games.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

tpugmire

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 09:26:12 pm »
I just want the red Wiimote, or 4...
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

90snostalga

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 09:34:18 pm »
I wish I had the money to buy one. I like the idea of just a basic unit that only plays games.

Liked  ;) 

90snostalga

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 10:35:16 pm »
Soera, did you get a Wii Mini I see???  How do you like it?

soera

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 10:45:02 pm »
Its cool. I have one Wii already that I use for my Virtual console stuff. The mini was for the living room and I dont need anything else for it but the system and it looks better on my entertainment center.

90snostalga

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 12:01:25 am »
Its cool. I have one Wii already that I use for my Virtual console stuff. The mini was for the living room and I dont need anything else for it but the system and it looks better on my entertainment center.

Yes I love the design!  It reminds me of the old mini snes a bit the way the plastic is made.

I've got a question Soera and Turf if you don't mind.  I know both of you have the Wii U.  I was looking online and seen pics of the gameplay from Monster Hunter 3, and graphics wise, It looked amazing! , but I've never played or heard much anything about any Monster Hunter game.  What do you guys think of it for the Wii U and for any other console?

soera

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 09:31:36 am »
I personally like the WiiU. I dont actually own the one I have right now. Its for the church that I GM at and since the program that uses the system is on Christmas break (they follow the same schedule as the schools for the program) I have it here. Its interesting right now. The system just sits on my desk. Its not even plugged into the TV. My wife and daughter will play SMBU just on the control tablet.

As far as the game you mentioned, I havent a clue. I have not messed with any of the Monster hunter games.