Author Topic: Couple of ideas  (Read 1021 times)

Couple of ideas
« on: March 09, 2014, 12:49:41 pm »
Don't know if they are new or not, but I would love to see the following(without exporting and using excel).

-with the addition of pricecharting it would be nice to have a sorted view of our collection by price
-also would be fun to see some math on how much its worth vs paid
-would be fun to get a sorted view of our most rare collection items... maybe this could pull based amount in collection(but that woudnt work too well for less desirable sports games-which would been more 'rare' by that criteria)

***edit***
-also add favicon to forums
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 12:51:17 pm by proskier »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Couple of ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 01:48:06 pm »
AFAIK, I think that very few of us (if any) even bother with filling in the field for what we paid for the games...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

tpugmire

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 02:08:29 pm »
I put in the prices that I've paid...
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

karyann

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 07:08:06 pm »
AFAIK, I think that very few of us (if any) even bother with filling in the field for what we paid for the games...

I do, I actually love that feature :) It scared me though when I saw the total price, back when that feature was in our summary page, especially since I didn't enter the ones that I didn't remember the price (which was a lot back then)  :o

scott

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 12:11:38 pm »

I used to put in the prices, but stopped when I realized I don't know what I paid for half of my stuff. Then for awhile I was only tracking how my I paid for my Castlevania stuff.. but then I just gutted all my prices paid.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 03:12:27 am »

I used to put in the prices, but stopped when I realized I don't know what I paid for half of my stuff. Then for awhile I was only tracking how my I paid for my Castlevania stuff.. but then I just gutted all my prices paid.

^ This....  Even if I started now it would be a moot point....  More than half of what I acquire is through trading....  Can you imagine how convoluted the math would get if I say, bought a lot of a couple dozen games at a swap meat and traded said games with friends for higher value games....  THEN I usually take THOSE games and trade then at local game shops to get the titles I want....  I bought 8 games at Bookman's today with credit only and I picked up Darksouls II CE from Gamestop and only paid 13$ out of pocket....  I'd have NO clue how to divvy up today's acquisitions monetarily....