Author Topic: Release Country TLD Master List  (Read 32014 times)

Re: Release Country TLD Master List
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2024, 10:56:49 am »
That is fine. I just changed the MX one to use the same reference for descriptor so for now it is easier than to figure out the country.
https://vgcollect.com/item/217221

Then how should it be done for upcoming NA releases, since there could be up to 5 versions in the region: USA (ESRB, English), Canada (ESRB, English/French), Brazil (English and/or Portuguese, ClassInd), Mexico (Spanish, SMECCV), and the rest of Latin America (English and/or Spanish, ESRB)? Do we still default Latin America for old releases (pre-SMECCV) as MX (English and/or Spanish, ESRB), unless specified in the box, and something new for the rest of the region?

tripredacus

« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2024, 12:00:03 pm »
That is fine. I just changed the MX one to use the same reference for descriptor so for now it is easier than to figure out the country.
https://vgcollect.com/item/217221

Then how should it be done for upcoming NA releases, since there could be up to 5 versions in the region: USA (ESRB, English), Canada (ESRB, English/French), Brazil (English and/or Portuguese, ClassInd), Mexico (Spanish, SMECCV), and the rest of Latin America (English and/or Spanish, ESRB)? Do we still default Latin America for old releases (pre-SMECCV) as MX (English and/or Spanish, ESRB), unless specified in the box, and something new for the rest of the region?

TLD is for the country the item is sold in, not what language is present. There is no default.

« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2024, 01:18:08 pm »
TLD is for the country the item is sold in, not what language is present. There is no default.

So, (Spanish cover), (Latin America), Back Code ID, anything? This needs a very specific rule, considering that the distribution chain in Latin America has always been scattered for this kind of products (My job is logistics related to the area).

tripredacus

« Reply #93 on: Today at 10:38:00 am »

So, (Spanish cover), (Latin America), Back Code ID, anything? This needs a very specific rule, considering that the distribution chain in Latin America has always been scattered for this kind of products (My job is logistics related to the area).

No I mean there is no default TLD. Descriptors like you put above (Spanish cover, Latin America) cannot be used.
If you don't know a country the game is sold in, you can use a descriptor but the descriptor should be some sort of number that is different. I just used the back number because the only other entry was the MX version and there was no US version with that name in the category.

dhaabi

« Reply #94 on: Today at 11:15:57 am »

No I mean there is no default TLD. Descriptors like you put above (Spanish cover, Latin America) cannot be used.
If you don't know a country the game is sold in, you can use a descriptor but the descriptor should be some sort of number that is different. I just used the back number because the only other entry was the MX version and there was no US version with that name in the category.

Granted, we do know where the item was sold, provided by evidence from both theodw and nathan776. Using [MX] and [CL] TLDs instead of descriptors seems more ideal. If it's later learned that additional TLDs are appropriate to attach to either entry, then that can be done. After all, it isn't uncommon for that sort of action to be done for other entries.

[HN] could also be attached to 264558. Presumably [CO] as a third, but it's not quite confirmed yet due to censoring.

I found an Argentina version that has a back number of 3006527-AC and UPC of 711719547624 as well as a "Sony Argentina" import label. At least it seems that the back number may be unique between versions, as it does not match your pictures.

The same item is also listed from Uruguay, without a label.
« Last Edit: Today at 11:26:42 am by dhaabi »