Author Topic: Obscure, good Wii games  (Read 30436 times)

argyle

Re: Obscure, good Wii games
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2015, 02:49:22 am »
Does anyone have a list of reprinted Wii games? After finding the Dokapon Kingdom reprint a couple of weeks ago, I'm curious to see how many rare games have or will get reprints via gamestop.

As far as I know, these are the Wii games that have been reprinted:

Dokapon Kingdom (twice from what I understand - the last reprinting was disk only)
Xenoblade Chronicles
Metroid Prime Trilogy (reprint is in a standard case, steelbook is the original print run)
Calling
One Piece: Unlimited Adventure

Also, it appears that Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon has just been reprinted. A friend of mine who works at GS alerted me to it the other day - it's showing all the signs of a reprint: the copies they're receiving look brand new and suddenly every store in town has it in stock when before it was nowhere to be found.

Who knows what other games they will reprint, but I'll say these are the ones I'd like to see from most wanted to least:

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core+
Ju-On: The Grudge
Castle of Shikigami III
Trauma Team
Godzilla Unleashed

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Warmsignal

« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2015, 11:33:19 am »
Boo for disc only reprints! What's the point? Which marketing genius came to that conclusion? Yeah, people who want these rare and valuable games will be happy to buy just a disc! Psshh.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 11:35:13 am by Warmsignal »

abe

« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2015, 06:35:33 pm »
Who knows what other games they will reprint, but I'll say these are the ones I'd like to see from most wanted to least:

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core+
Ju-On: The Grudge
Castle of Shikigami III
Trauma Team
Godzilla Unleashed

I'd love to see a reprint of Ju-On too.

I wouldn't mind having a second reprint of Xenoblade Chronicles either. :P
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2015, 08:01:15 pm »
Boo for disc only reprints! What's the point? Which marketing genius came to that conclusion? Yeah, people who want these rare and valuable games will be happy to buy just a disc! Psshh.

Iunno, I've been trying to track down a complete Dokapon Kingdom & Cave Story (3ds) for a while now, but every GS I go to has disk/cart only. :(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

maximo310

« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2015, 08:20:00 pm »
So I picked up Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and apparently there are reprints of this game going around on Ebay. The originals ( like my copy) have a copyright 2007 by Nintendo. The reprints have a copyright 2014 by nintendo.

Here's a reprint listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wii-Fire-Emblem-Radiant-Dawn-BRAND-NEW-SEALED-/221526511521?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3394024fa1

desocietas

« Reply #140 on: August 14, 2015, 08:49:59 pm »
So I picked up Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and apparently there are reprints of this game going around on Ebay. The originals ( like my copy) have a copyright 2007 by Nintendo. The reprints have a copyright 2014 by nintendo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wii-Fire-Emblem-Radiant-Dawn-BRAND-NEW-SEALED-/221526511521?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3394024fa1

Oh, this is very good to know. I have this title saved as one of my saved eBay searches. $80 is still more than what I want to pay, but it's good for me to keep an eye out for that indicator on any possibly auctions.

Hopefully I'll be able to find a reasonably priced copy of this game one day.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

maximo310

« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2015, 09:54:27 pm »

Oh, this is very good to know. I have this title saved as one of my saved eBay searches. $80 is still more than what I want to pay, but it's good for me to keep an eye out for that indicator on any possibly auctions.

Hopefully I'll be able to find a reasonably priced copy of this game one day.
Yeah, prices are going up a bit for this, as most of the listings I see right now are around $68-75 for a complete copy. So you're probably gonna have to wait a while if you want a good price on the game, or get lucky on a auction.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2015, 02:35:21 am »
FYI,

Pandora's Tower just got released for WiiU on the eshop for $20.

Warmsignal

« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2015, 10:25:59 pm »
I recently got Obscure, The Aftermath for Wii. I wonder if that is a good obscure game for the Wii.

maximo310

« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2015, 11:16:07 pm »
I recently got Obscure, The Aftermath for Wii. I wonder if that is a good obscure game for the Wii.
Its a fairly decent game; the story isn't too great from what I've heard. But it seems lnteresting for only 89 cents, so I picked it up.

Today, I went to pick up the only copy of Dragon's Lair Trilogy in my area. Turns out that the website screwed up and they didn't have any copies of the game. However, I did manage to get No More Heroes 2 ( which is becoming harder to find cib), The Calling ,and Tron Battle Grids. I'm also hoping that a copy of Klonoa turns up for cheap, since I've wanted to get that one for a while now.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2015, 12:10:11 pm »
10 pages of this? Holy crap!

Just wanted to mention the Gunblade NY and LA Machine Guns Arcade Hits Pack.

Great arcade collection that collects two of the machine-gun arcade machines. And the Wii Mote works great on it. Very fun light-gun shooters. And VERY arcadey!

http://vgcollect.com/item/10844

gf78

« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2015, 12:31:11 pm »
I'm not going to plow through ten pages (!!!) to see what others have posted, but here's a few I think are worth your dough.

Klonoa
Mad World
House of the Dead Overkill
Pandora's Tower
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

maximo310

« Reply #147 on: October 03, 2015, 04:30:16 am »
Digging a bit deeper, NA says that Mario Party 9, Gozilla Unleashed,Fragile Dreams,Super Mario All Stars( not the limited edition, just the regular copy), Kirbys Return to Dreamland along with a few Wii U games such as Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, and Tank Tank Tank!. Most of these reprints don't have many differences except for Zelda HD having regular non gold box art, for what I can gather.

Warmsignal

« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2022, 10:35:41 pm »
I felt like resurrecting this old topic, in part to see if anyone here still actively collects for the Wii, and if you've discovered any more obscure Wii games which you think might not be mentioned already.... but also, to muse about my current fixation on the platform once again. All these years later, and the Wii is one of the last Nintendo platforms still yet to become a major collector's item. Give it time. The GameCube is a hot collector's market now, even the Wii U has taken off as it's odd placement in history and small library makes it a point of curiosity among console collectors. The Wii however, is still sort of in limbo. Games are still a bit thrifty, and easily found. There's a few heavy hitters, but nothing too crazy yet.

Lately I've been picking up a lot of Wii games, and finding the library not yet exhausted of worthwhile titles, as I break over 150 games. I find there's a lot of interesting titles which run the gambit from AAA Nintendo, all the way down the budget shovel-ware.

So to make another contribution to this long list of good obscure Wii games, I would add Monster 4x4 World Circuit. This game was majorly slept on by most Wii owners. Racing is not a much appreciated genre on the platform, while most of the accolades go to Mario Kart Wii, Excite Truck, and Excite Bots... I'd say this game is on par with the latter. In a way it plays a bit like a kart racer, but it also conjures the notion of perhaps a modern day RC Pro Am. You have weapon items, power-ups, lots of tracks, decent graphical presentation for a Wii title too... a super common inexpensive game, that most Wii collectors don't seem to have. There's an exclusive sequel also available for the Wii, Monster 4x4 Stunt Racer. If you like racing games, and you like Wii motion controls. Check it out.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 10:38:23 pm by Warmsignal »

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2022, 11:46:12 am »
I don't think anyone mentioned these.

Veggie World - game is awful but very obscure
Astro Boy
Wing Island - it's like pilot wings if you like that sort thing
Worms a space oddity - if you like worms games or mindless fun these are cool
Worms battle islands
Sniper Elite