Author Topic: Recently Quit Playing!? Not going to finish...  (Read 3190 times)

bobster

Re: Recently Quit Playing!? Not going to finish...
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 12:34:17 pm »
Does it have to be recently or does entire gaming lifetime count?

I've quit playing Final Fantasy games after Final Fantasy X.  I did not enjoy Tidus or Yuna at all.

Not going to continue Dragon Age series.  After Patch 1.03 removed the capability to recruit blood mages outside of being a mage into the army and certain bugs annoyed me, I have had it.  As awesome as Dragon Age: Inquisition looks, I want to play it but I also want a character to import.

If you're a fan of FF tactics, or have played vagrant story, give FF12 a shot. It's got quite an amazing world.

I'm cautiously optimistic about thew new Dragon Age even though I really didn't like 2.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

scott

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 12:53:40 pm »
Final Fantasy XII is amazing. I wish folks would stop passing it off as Final Fantasy: Star Wars.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 01:55:58 am »
I really wanted to like Final Fantasy XII.  Active Time Battle turns into Active Dimension Battle, right?

As I remember playing, I thought I could fight the battle just like any other action RPG...  Get away from attacks, if possible.  As the game plays out, it doesn't work like that.  The enemy will still hit the character regardless if the target is out of range and the attacker was using melee.  Also, if I wanted to attack the character, I basically have to be within distance of the targeted enemy.  Basically, I stand still or allow myself to be hurt by enemies.

I'd much prefer old-school Final Fantasy games (I-IX) than Final Fantasy X-XIII.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

bobster

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 09:46:04 am »
I really wanted to like Final Fantasy XII.  Active Time Battle turns into Active Dimension Battle, right?

As I remember playing, I thought I could fight the battle just like any other action RPG...  Get away from attacks, if possible.  As the game plays out, it doesn't work like that.  The enemy will still hit the character regardless if the target is out of range and the attacker was using melee.  Also, if I wanted to attack the character, I basically have to be within distance of the targeted enemy.  Basically, I stand still or allow myself to be hurt by enemies.

I'd much prefer old-school Final Fantasy games (I-IX) than Final Fantasy X-XIII.

Well then, sounds like you have some experience with it lol. I don't remember the details to that extent, but I do remember being able to move and attack. I just liked the gambit system where you could specify conditions for your team to do certain things. I imagine many people might find that tedious though.

Also I really enjoyed the lore and world it inhabited. That probably created more reason for me to get through the game and ignore some of the flaws.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 12:49:50 am »
True...  I do love Ivalice.

Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story!   ::)

Please check out the games I have for sale.

90snostalga

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 02:31:53 am »
Ugghh!!   I have to add GTA Vice City to this list  :(  So I have been playing the game trying to complete it and according to online reviews, the only thing I had to do to unlock the final 2 missions was to complete a boat time trial mission at the boat docks, then the boat dock is complete which unlocks the missions for me.  While it may seem easy to most, I have literally counted how many times I have tried to complete this mission and i have tried over 75 times.  Screw this mission and the game.  I'll just watch how it ends on youtube and be done with it.  I am pissed off that I cant complete the mission.  The stupid controls for driving the boat is horrible on vice city

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014, 07:26:56 am »
Now you'll have more time for the dance game in that Star Wars Kinect. Don't act like you didn't try it.  ;)

scott

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2014, 09:09:05 am »
Hmm I never had a problem with any of the controls in Vice City. You should take a break and go back to it, the story in that game is really good.

90snostalga

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 01:17:55 pm »
Now you'll have more time for the dance game in that Star Wars Kinect. Don't act like you didn't try it.  ;)

Dance game???  I did play the Star Wars for a minute but it was like an adventure mode.  I'm going to get back to that sometime soon but I'm not sure about a dance game.  But I love how I can talk to the Kinect!   :)  I did not know you can do that.

90snostalga

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 01:18:29 pm »
Hmm I never had a problem with any of the controls in Vice City. You should take a break and go back to it, the story in that game is really good.

That's probably the best thing to do.  Maybe I played it too much over the last week and need a break from it.

scott

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 01:44:29 pm »
It's what happened to me w/ Resogun. I'm stuck on the last level and I can't seem to kill the last boss, it's pissing me off. I know that it's a matter of time before I kill him and learn his movements. But it's super frustrating at the moment.

karyann

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2014, 05:53:32 pm »
It's what happened to me w/ Resogun. I'm stuck on the last level and I can't seem to kill the last boss, it's pissing me off. I know that it's a matter of time before I kill him and learn his movements. But it's super frustrating at the moment.

That happened to me with Kingdom Hearts, too. I was stuck on a 4-boss-fights-in-a-row, with a max of 3 or 4 items for the whole 4 fights, which was at the end, or almost so. I think there was then a save and one other final boss, but I'm not sure, it's been a long time. Anyway, I let the game sit in a corner for a year or 2, then finally completed it in my KH marathon before Dream Drop Distance. Maybe all you need is some time to "cool off"  :P

foxhack

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2014, 06:11:27 pm »
Deadpool in Ultraviolence made me rage so much. I mean, a guy with a machine gun can kill you in ONE SECOND FLAT. Now try going up against six of them at the same time.

Considering the game told you to not hide under cover since you just healed all damage, it wasn't fun getting used to such a difficulty spike. :P

Oh and the TUBBIES. Don't get me started on those bastards.