Author Topic: Xbox 360 Display Screen  (Read 1445 times)

90snostalga

Xbox 360 Display Screen
« on: January 26, 2014, 02:23:53 am »
So I got my new Star Wars Xbox 360 and I'm loving it so far!  (Thanks to my wife) But I played Shenmue II for it last night which is an original xbox game.  The game plays; however, it will not fill up my entire 55" tv screen.  It takes the left and right sides out on my tv.  I tried playing with the 360 options but I still cannot get the game to fill up the screen.  Any one know what I can do?  Thanks.

Veilor

Re: Xbox 360 Display Screen
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 03:26:33 am »
So I tested this with just two games(I have a 40'' tv), first one was Indigo Prophecy which supported fullscreen 1080p from start. After that I popped in Star Wars Episode 3, that game did not support it. So I had a look around on the internet, and found that you have to change your display to 480p. So I did, menu looked awful after change, but the game then ran in fullscreen.

Just change your display back when playing an actual Xbox 360 game or doing something else like netflix :)

90snostalga

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 03:57:10 pm »
So I tested this with just two games(I have a 40'' tv), first one was Indigo Prophecy which supported fullscreen 1080p from start. After that I popped in Star Wars Episode 3, that game did not support it. So I had a look around on the internet, and found that you have to change your display to 480p. So I did, menu looked awful after change, but the game then ran in fullscreen.

Just change your display back when playing an actual Xbox 360 game or doing something else like netflix :)

Ah okay, I will have to try that.  I would think they would make it to where the game up converts to 1080 but I guess not.  I am also going to try to plug in regular av cables and see if that fills up the screen.  Have you tried av cables instead of hdmi?

Veilor

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 05:18:01 pm »
Microsoft didn't really support the emulation of Xbox much at all. Probably why. But no I haven't tried it with AV cables, go ahead you.

90snostalga

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 10:06:18 pm »
Microsoft didn't really support the emulation of Xbox much at all. Probably why. But no I haven't tried it with AV cables, go ahead you.

I put Halo 2 in their today and it actually plays in 720 HD great quality.  Your trick worked for me for Shemue  :)  Just have to switch it to 480.

Thanks

Veilor

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 03:17:13 am »
Awesome :D

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 11:19:18 pm »
When changing your 360 to 480p you are allowing your TV's scaler to handle the image. Most TV's by default do a zoom/fit image to screen for 480i/p resolutions that imo look like ass. The reason Shenmue 2 only output in a 4:3 box was because it isn't made for widescreen and the 360 was enforcing the native aspect ratio.