Author Topic: UPDATE to the UPDATE to server outage  (Read 9459 times)

matt

Re: UPDATE to the UPDATE to server outage
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2011, 10:40:27 pm »
@andrew could you send me those images to matt@vgcollect.com. I'll use them for testing. Thanks!

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2011, 11:23:35 pm »
@matt will do. None of my scans (all around this size) went through. I also submitted a couple for edits, but I suspect those didn't go through either because my corrections went though, but not those.

psydswipe

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2011, 07:01:51 am »
I finished going through my collection (except for PC and C64) in early November :( Lost 38 entries in my collection, not sure how many were adds and I'm afraid I'm probably not going to go back to it for quite a while. Only reason I was doing a lot in late October and early November is because my parents were visiting so I had a laptop available. That made it a lot easier since my games are upstairs and my PC is downstairs. I didn't submit any images though, just game entries. Probably edited some too but I can't remember which ones. It was likely stuff for PS2, Xbox and anything newer.

foxhack

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2011, 11:21:27 am »
There's a way to get the info... it's kinda glitchy on Firefox, but check your internet history! Sort it by location and date, and you'll be able to see, at least, a list of all items you had browsed through or added.

scott

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2011, 02:50:24 pm »
Just wanted to congrat everybody. We are back over 19,000 games again! Thanks for all your hard work and dedication. :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

pacpix

« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2011, 01:09:01 am »
I do not know if it is related to the server outage, but when i click on the edit icon next to a game in my collection it appears in a box so small that you can only see the edge of the box where you can type stuff.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2011, 05:14:38 pm »
@andrew could you send me those images to matt@vgcollect.com. I'll use them for testing. Thanks!

@matt is there any update to this? I have several large scans that are ready to be submitted.

matt

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2011, 06:11:52 pm »
@andrew No update yet. I'll run some tests tonight and report back. I'm about 75% sure it's just a file size issue and I need to up the max limit the server will handle.

matt

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2011, 12:22:06 am »
@andrew Please give it a try now. The max uploads were set to 2 megs. I've bumped this up quite a bit and we should be able to handle anything under 10 megs now.

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2011, 12:40:11 am »
@matt Excellent! I'll begin submitting... right now.

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2011, 04:17:27 pm »
A collection of things - firstly, that's a shame, but nothing too horrible,  I'm sure you can recover.

Secondly, the phantom person who posted a thread about an SQL error was me, and yes, it was probably due to old cookies.

scott

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2011, 05:23:44 pm »
Welcome back @pie!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2011, 06:16:12 pm »
Welcome back! As you noticed your account was one of the casualties. :( Fortunately new methods are in place to prevent that from ever happening again. Hopefully it won't take too much work to get yer collection back up to speed. Let us know if you need anything.

I'm also glad to know that you were the phantom! I looking into it and couldn't find anything other than a user account in the forum with a blank username. So confused...