Author Topic: UPDATE: New selling features ready for testing. Details inside!  (Read 5437 times)

Re: UPDATE: New selling features ready for testing. Details inside!
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 06:26:16 am »
I'd test this out.

matt

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 06:33:24 am »
@markeconrad You've been added and welcome to the forum!
@dstone You've been added.

@tpugmire, @desocietas, @scott - I'm going to work on a dedicated page that simply lists your items. Good ideas. Should have that up later today.

matt

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 03:32:12 pm »
UPDATE - New Sell List pages are ready for testing!

http://vgcollect.com/selllist/matt
http://vgcollect.com/selllist/scott

Pages and Buyer List isn't working yet.

matt

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 03:43:58 pm »
Buyer Match is working now. Do you guys think there is any reason to keep it private? As it stands now, you can see the matches but no one else can.

desocietas

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 05:36:42 pm »
Buyer Match is working now. Do you guys think there is any reason to keep it private? As it stands now, you can see the matches but no one else can.

I was wondering about that... I don't see any reason why it'd need to be private.
Awesome about the Sell list!  Now we can buy/trade things that we didn't even know we wanted ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 05:42:18 pm »
is the anchor for the wishlists a little off?  it seems to be set under the actual wishlist section.
ex: http://vgcollect.com/item/17399/users#wishlists
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

matt

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 05:50:43 pm »
You are correct. It's a problem with the floating header...so technically it's working right. I'm just going to break it out into it's own page.

tpugmire

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 10:50:07 am »
I finally had a chance to mess with this a little, one thing that would be nice is if the things in your sale list were not in your collection list too.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

desocietas

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2011, 10:51:48 am »
I finally had a chance to mess with this a little, one thing that would be nice is if the things in your sale list were not in your collection list too.

do you mean like
http://vgcollect.com/selllist/tpugmire ? or separating them completely so they're not actually part of your "collection"?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

tpugmire

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2011, 10:43:30 pm »
Separate them completely.  I personally only would sell duplicates of what I already have.  Maybe an option to remove them from your collection, while staying on the sell list?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

matt

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2011, 06:02:08 pm »
Hrmm I may have to make this an option. I personally want my sale items listed in my collections since they, well are in my collection. Can anyone else chime in with their thoughts?

desocietas

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2011, 06:18:40 pm »
I kinda agree with @tpugmire in some regards.  I have items that I can't use (don't have the necessary console) or just extras due to eBay splurges that I don't really consider part of my "collection."  Physically, I'd probably put them in a separate box (if I had the room), so I guess that'd be like having them on a totally different list and not having them count in my total number of items.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2011, 07:28:36 am »
I also  don't consider my "dupes" part of my collection. Though I wouldn't mind having the option to separate them, but some of the stuff I have listed for sale on my selllist are part of my collection. So...
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2012, 08:03:52 pm »
Wow, I like this a lot!  This is going to be great, considering I have tons of common Saturn games I still need to track down.  One thing I noticed right away is if I just want to spend some time browsing for games for sale/trade I have to open each game or view collections.  Would it be possible to list something on the Browse page?  Even a simple Yes/No to know if someone is making it available would help a ton!  Thanks again for your hard work!

desocietas

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2012, 08:14:40 pm »
Just poking around my sell list and wanted to remove something after having traded it.  Any easy way to remove the item from the sell list without going into "my collection" to find it?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas