Author Topic: how long have you been collecting???  (Read 3151 times)

matt

Re: how long have you been collecting???
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 09:30:45 am »
@climhazard Working at a game store is what put me over the top. Man I miss those days.

amauriel

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2011, 09:59:06 am »
I'm a lot like @darko...I've never sold my games back, ever, so I had a pretty substantial collection before I "collected". I was a Nintendo kid...had the ColecoVision when I was real little (my parents bought it just before I was born, guessing my age should be easy...) and then the NES, SNES, N64, Virtual Boy, GameCube, and every type of GameBoy. Then I met my husband, and he was a Sega kid, and he had sold very little of his stuff.

When we started seriously dating, he gave me a Dreamcast with a necklace in the CD tray...it was true love. Since then, we've collected games as a hobby we can do together. It's actually both good and bad, as our collection is huge because of it. He plays a lot of shooters, simulations and horror games, I play mostly RPGs, puzzle games, and point 'n click stuff. It really means that a big release doesn't go by without one of us wanting the game...and in the case of Star Wars: The Old Republic, both of us. :P

To answer your actual question: The two of us have been collecting together for about 8-9 years now.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jcalder8

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 11:51:55 am »
I have been collecting since about 2002...... so I guess 10 years wow. I only really started to focus on it about 5 years ago. I used to collect dvds also but I got bored with that so I have just focused on games.

atariboy

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 06:01:19 pm »
Guess I've been collecting since the Colecovision, I still have my original system, which still works and have never sold any games that weren't extras. When my kid was younger and wanted to upgrade to a new system I would buy all his games and systems so he could get new system and games. I guess one day he will inherit all the games I've collected thru the years.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw