Author Topic: Favorite controllers  (Read 2720 times)

sin2beta

Re: Favorite controllers
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 12:06:42 pm »
5. Hori N64
4. NES Dogbone
3. Sega Saturn (2nd design)
2. Genesis 3 button
1. XBox 360
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

karyann

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 01:08:56 pm »
3. PS4 (play with the controller at a demo station and it felt that good*)
2.Wii U gamepad
1.Nintendo Gamecube

Yay, we can be friends :D I love these 3 a lot, too. I only tried the PS4 controller at a demo station too, but I was really impressed. Soooo comfortable. And the Wii U gamepad was a real surprise too, they really designed the back in a way that fits cozy in your hands.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2014, 03:50:31 pm »
I like the Dreamcast controller.
:-\

I've only played with 10-15 controllers in my gaming lifetime.  Only reason that the Dreamcast barely made my list was that it was better than Atari, FamiCom, NES-SNES, and all Xbox controllers, in my opinion.  I forgot what other systems I've played in my childhood but I definitely enjoyed my top 5.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

htimreimer

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2014, 08:53:06 pm »
4.  Phillips CDi
3.  Atari 5200
1.  Atari Jaguar
wat

I think he's trolling us!

I was just trying to joke around and have a little fun.  Sorry if I offended anyone with those horrible controllers.  Here is my official top 5 list so far (as I still have yet to use some controllers):

5.  Nintendo 64
i love the N64 controller

(4)dual shock
(3)genesis control pad
(2) high frequency control pad for the NES
(1) odyssey 2 joystick

scott

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2014, 08:55:55 pm »
I might have to say, that my Razer Naga gaming mouse is super excellent. I couldn't say no to the (super awkward at first) 12 button grid on the side of it. Plus it's super comfortable.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

ffxik

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 06:21:53 am »
Ha not offended at all, just could not tell if you were serious or not.

Interesting tho, I have heard that if you have large hands, the Jaguar is actually a very comfortable controller and the buttons feel natural. 

But I would like to make a tie with my number 1.  I put the PlayStation 3 tied with the Wii U Gamepad

I have large hands.  I use an original Xbox L controller with ease.  The Jag pad is still an uncomfortable pain to use.

As far as my picks go.

Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Sega Saturn, not the 3-D pad
Original Xbox L
Xbox 360

I used to be a big fan of Sony's Dual Shock.  I haven't had a go at the PS4 but up to the PS3 very little had changed as far as layout goes, and it has gotten uncomfortable to use over the last several years.  It's probably just my 9 to 5 which is bad news for the joints in your hands, but my considered prime position for that left analog stick these days isn't where Sony keeps putting it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 07:31:08 pm »
4.  Phillips CDi
3.  Atari 5200
1.  Atari Jaguar
wat

I think he's trolling us!

I was just trying to joke around and have a little fun.  Sorry if I offended anyone with those horrible controllers.  Here is my official top 5 list so far (as I still have yet to use some controllers):

5.  Nintendo 64
i love the N64 controller

(4)dual shock
(3)genesis control pad
(2) high frequency control pad for the NES
(1) odyssey 2 joystick

I so hate the N64 controller. So strangely shaped and awkward to use. What was even the point of having the D-Pad there? To tease you? You had to have a 3rd hand to use it. And that thumbstick, soooo freaking sensitive.

That's why I got this, it has a more-natural layout for the thumbstick and buttons. So much more comfortable, it's a Godsend:

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 01:33:50 am »
5. Hori N64

I got to use one of these for the very first time over the weekend and wow, what an improvement over the original N64 controller! I am definitely not a N64 controller hater, in fact I think it is a pretty good controller, but the Hori controller is way better. If they weren't so expensive I'd definitely pick one up.

sin2beta

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014, 07:36:30 pm »
5. Hori N64

I got to use one of these for the very first time over the weekend and wow, what an improvement over the original N64 controller! I am definitely not a N64 controller hater, in fact I think it is a pretty good controller, but the Hori controller is way better. If they weren't so expensive I'd definitely pick one up.

They are amazing.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c