Author Topic: Save Your Change, Folks the 3rd  (Read 5975 times)

Re: Save Your Change, Folks the 3rd
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2014, 01:17:36 am »
Actually I have to side with paying the car off. Mainly because that frees up a lot more money for games in the long run! :-)

At about $40 interest out every month it certainly does.

90snostalga

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2014, 07:55:45 am »
I finally got time to count yesterday.  After spending 15 minutes getting all the change out of my Storm Trooper, I had 41.00 in change...

90snostalga

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2014, 07:56:44 am »
Just cashed in.... Drum Roll Please

$120.69

Now I need to buy something.

Usually the change I get back from purchases maybe like 2 pennies up to 25 cents.  When Turf goes out shopping he breaks 100s!!!!   :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2014, 08:09:43 am »

$120.69

Usually the change I get back from purchases maybe like 2 pennies up to 25 cents.  When Turf goes out shopping he breaks 100s!!!!   :)

Honestly, I consciously break dollars. If something is $1.01, I give them $2 instead of digging out a penny. It's a silly game I play with myself. I have really considered saving everything after breaking a $5. Then I could buy something real dumb in October.

soera

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2014, 09:08:40 am »
Ive done that a few times ... had the change in my pocket to make it an exact purchase but broke another bill just for more for the saving. Like I said earlier though, this upcoming one is going to be the best. Im going to start breaking bills on tips at the end of every shift. I may be able to afford Magic knight Rayearth on nothing but change when its over.

90snostalga

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2014, 09:42:59 am »
Ive done that a few times ... had the change in my pocket to make it an exact purchase but broke another bill just for more for the saving. Like I said earlier though, this upcoming one is going to be the best. Im going to start breaking bills on tips at the end of every shift. I may be able to afford Magic knight Rayearth on nothing but change when its over.

What does this mean "Im going to start breaking bills on tips at the end of every shift"?  Like a waiter?

scott

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2014, 01:25:05 pm »

$120.69

Honestly, I consciously break dollars. If something is $1.01, I give them $2 instead of digging out a penny. It's a silly game I play with myself. I have really considered saving everything after breaking a $5. Then I could buy something real dumb in October.

That's what I do. Usually I break dollars during work and then empty my pockets when I change out of work clothes. So when I leave to do other things after work I have no change and break more dollars.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2014, 07:34:07 pm »

What does this mean "Im going to start breaking bills on tips at the end of every shift"?  Like a waiter?

I deliver pizzas. At the end of the day, like today, Im going to take a few dollars of my tips and convert them to change. Got like $3 today in change.

90snostalga

« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2014, 07:35:37 pm »

I deliver pizzas. At the end of the day, like today, Im going to take a few dollars of my tips and convert them to change. Got like $3 today in change.

When did you start doing that?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2014, 07:47:27 pm »
$30... Real slow this time of year, But since Garage sales and the Flea Markets are starting to pick up around here next round will be better.

soera

« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2014, 09:10:38 pm »
Ive been working for about a month now. Im getting more hours than anyone else at my restaurant including the store manager. Its a company Ive worked for before and know all the systems/procedures so he is wanting me to be one of the 2 assistant managers. Would mean even more hours but my guess is the pay raise may make it worth it.

90snostalga

« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2014, 12:58:39 pm »
Ive been working for about a month now. Im getting more hours than anyone else at my restaurant including the store manager. Its a company Ive worked for before and know all the systems/procedures so he is wanting me to be one of the 2 assistant managers. Would mean even more hours but my guess is the pay raise may make it worth it.

Congrats man!   8)  That's awesome.  And good luck on the promotion  :D

bobster

« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2014, 11:51:07 am »
Finally counted my stash last night. We rolled up $97.50 (there was left over change but not rolled so it went back in the jar).

Since my girlfriend moved in, it's now a shared change jar, so that sum will be going towards either our Disney World Vacation, or a new TV stand so we can have all our systems out and hooked up.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

desocietas

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2014, 01:09:03 am »
Hahah, so I thought I'd count out my change by hand because I was worried it wouldn't be enough to make it worth it at Coinstar.

I think I'll have to lump this round into the next SYCF, but here's the grand total!

$10.35

I don't use much cash during the holiday season, but I think I will try to use cash this summer!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas