Author Topic: What System Do You Have the Most Games For?  (Read 6483 times)

Re: What System Do You Have the Most Games For?
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2014, 08:45:46 pm »
Right now, 32 is my highest for the Nintendo 64, a favorite system of mine. Sadly because the N64 games are notoriously hard to show off because of their cartridges having no stickers, all of them but like the 4 I have boxes for sit in a drawer.  Really need more boxed N64 titles.

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2014, 05:10:28 pm »
Right now, 32 is my highest for the Nintendo 64, a favorite system of mine. Sadly because the N64 games are notoriously hard to show off because of their cartridges having no stickers, all of them but like the 4 I have boxes for sit in a drawer.  Really need more boxed N64 titles.

There are some folks on the interwebs who sell edge labels to remedy this.

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2014, 05:22:45 pm »

There are some folks on the interwebs who sell edge labels to remedy this.

Oh, I might have to check that out then.  I really would like to have my N64 games out for viewing.

*EDIT*
Found a set on Amazon.  It's cool that they make a batch for every game so that you can keep track of what you have. I'll look at grabbing them later on when I can.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-N64-Cartridge-End-Labels-64/dp/B00CAHDYYA
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:05:16 pm by kamikazekeeg »

Warmsignal

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2014, 02:23:10 pm »
It's close between Xbox 360 and PS2. PS2 has not been archived in the last couple of years and is demanding a recount. I have about 180 Xbox 360 games. It was the multi-platform of choice, games spanning from 2005 until current releases, so naturally there will be a lot. Honorable mentions go to NES and DS, with around 120 on each - just great platforms with multitudes of awesome content.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 02:24:45 pm by Warmsignal »

Warmsignal

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2014, 02:39:17 pm »
Aww, lots of love for the DS ;D Pretty much my favourite system, and it shows in my own numbers:

Pretty much all of my DS games I've picked up in the last year since getting my 3DS, and there are many more I'd still like to grab.  I told one of the guys at Gamestop the other day that when they finally put their DS games on clearance, my wallet is going to hurt!  :P

I can't wait for that day, in a way. Lots of new games!  :) I already got a few for $3 and under last year at Gamestop, so I guess it's starting slowly. But since the 3DS has retro-compatibility, I wonder if it will take longer for them to be on clearance.

Don't be wishin' that day upon us! I love the DS, and want it to stay relevant forever if possible. I love finding the cases in their trash. Besides, more than half the DS library is already below $10 there.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2014, 06:57:55 pm »

This has nothing to do with the thread, sorry guys. But I just had to say this:

You're avatar is freaking AWESOME!!! What is it? To me, it looks like some future-version of Vic Rattlehead (Megadeth's mascot)

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2014, 10:59:33 pm »
my top 5 systems by number of games:

PC - 293
PS2 - 237
PS1 - 209
Xbox - 182
NES - 159

it seems like PC get's no love around here.  I'm actually surprised when i go to add a PC game to my collection, and it's already in the database... anyone feel like that?  Man I've lost count of the number of PC games I've submitted to the database lol.

PC is truly a great system, if you don't mind fiddling with settings and such.  It usually has the best looking version of a multi-platform game.

However, as with everyone else... looking at my numbers, PS1 & PS2 games are by far the easiest to find on the cheap.

- Retromangia

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2014, 11:53:18 pm »

This has nothing to do with the thread, sorry guys. But I just had to say this:

You're avatar is freaking AWESOME!!! What is it? To me, it looks like some future-version of Vic Rattlehead (Megadeth's mascot)

It's fanart of Vic Rattlehead that came out when they were going to Deviant Art for a redesign Vic contest back around...United Abominations I think. I loved the design and regularly use Vic for avatars :D

And to Retromangia, I don't personally think of my PC collection as one anymore as it's all digital.  Like I have 150+ games on my Steam Library alone.  For me, my collection on here is purely physical.  I use my PC more than anything else anymore, though as hard as I went digitally with alot of games, I am trying to pull it back a little so I can have physical copies if I'm not gonna be buying something on a Steam Sale.

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2014, 01:32:37 am »
hey kamikazekeeg,

Yeah those digital sales are hard to pass up sometimes... 99% of the time, I'll wait until I find a physical copy of the game... but sometimes those Steam sales are too hard to pass up. ;)

I'd say 99% of my PC collection is physical copies... which is a gift and curse really... some of the older PC games take up ALOT of shelf space, with those huge boxes and all!

- Retromangia

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2014, 05:04:29 am »
hey kamikazekeeg,

Yeah those digital sales are hard to pass up sometimes... 99% of the time, I'll wait until I find a physical copy of the game... but sometimes those Steam sales are too hard to pass up. ;)

I'd say 99% of my PC collection is physical copies... which is a gift and curse really... some of the older PC games take up ALOT of shelf space, with those huge boxes and all!

- Retromangia

I had the bright idea over the past like 10 years to go "Oh, all these cases are pointless and digital is handier, just toss those and keep all my CD's and manuals in a big CD case it's handy", and now back into collecting I'm just staring at the CD case full of games along with a huge digital library and  going "WHY?!?!" lol

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2014, 12:38:29 am »
1.NES- 170
2. Sega gen-143
3. Atari-117
4.GBA- 92
5. SNES-73
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2014, 03:12:18 pm »
1. NES - 143
2. Genesis - 80
3. SNES - 77
4. Colecovision - 65
5. Game Boy - 44
6. Atari 2600 - 31
7. Neo Geo MVS - 30

All the rest are in the 20's or lower. The period between 1980-1995 is the heart and soul of my collection.

spac316

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2014, 01:30:45 am »
My NES has the most games in the collection currently with 125 titles as of this post! I still have more I plan to get, although I may not get them all because of the ridiculous price some go for these days. :-\

The second most games I have is on my SNES with 85.
The third most goes to my PS2 with 79.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 05:18:08 pm by spac316 »

tripredacus

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2014, 01:15:02 pm »
Sega Genesis - 202

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2014, 03:31:42 am »
Hmm....  Seems that I'm quite late to the game here....

01.)  PlayStation 2 - 390
02.)  Nintendo DS - 153
03.)  PlayStation 3 - 120
04.)  Sega Genesis/Mega Drive - 107
05.)  PlayStation Portable - 102
06.)  PlayStation - 101
07.)  Sega Dreamcast - 79
08.)  Sega Saturn - 59
09.)  Sega Master System - 59
10.)  Wii - 49

Also, I recall theFlea having an insanely high number of games, but I didn't realize that the PS1/PS2 count was so high....  Impressive....  That being said....  I now feel that my numbers are pitiful....  Even if I haven't listed hardly any of my NES/SNES/N64 here, I know they are all under 100 each so I want to weep....  Then I'll build a shrine dedicated to theFlea....