Author Topic: Does anyone else save their receipts for all of their game purchases?  (Read 2514 times)

sin2beta

Re: Does anyone else save their receipts for all of their game purchases?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 09:50:23 pm »
Behind the manual. One of my dreamcasts has a GameForce Boulder receipt taped to the bottom of it. It makes me happy as it was one of my favorite stores to go to. (GameSack did a video on that place even).
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

pacpix

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 09:53:54 pm »
I used to keep all of my receipts when I started collecting, but I threw most of them out a while ago.  The only receipts I still have are the ones that were put in the game case and forgotten about.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 11:04:01 pm »
One of my closet doors: (Raw photo here: http://ofortuna.rocproductions.org/temp/closetdoor.jpg)

im not sure if this is cool or just odd  ::)

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 11:32:22 pm »
Behind the manual. One of my dreamcasts has a GameForce Boulder receipt taped to the bottom of it. It makes me happy as it was one of my favorite stores to go to. (GameSack did a video on that place even).

HA that is awesome! Are you from Colorado? Gameforce Boulder is cool, but they are WAY overpriced. They screwed me on a Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition too which I am still pretty bitter about. They do have a great selection though.

anruiukimi

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 01:33:56 am »
One of my closet doors: (Raw photo here: http://ofortuna.rocproductions.org/temp/closetdoor.jpg)

im not sure if this is cool or just odd  ::)

Well, I started it when I was in...8th grade? So it's been awhile :P

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 02:27:14 am »
i personally don't hold onto things like that, but one of my favorite things ever was before duke nukem forever came out i remember seeing a picture this dude posted of his pre-order receipt for the game and it was over 10 years old at that point. it was like an old relic

sin2beta

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 06:34:19 pm »

HA that is awesome! Are you from Colorado? Gameforce Boulder is cool, but they are WAY overpriced. They screwed me on a Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition too which I am still pretty bitter about. They do have a great selection though.

Yeppers, I'm from Boulder. When I was there, I used to find good stuff at decent prices. The receipt on my Dreamcast proves it! Never bought new stuff there though.

A great day is picking up some pizza from Cosmos and then going to GameForce. If you live in the area, go eat at Thai Avenue on the Hill and Sherpa's (close to Pearl) for me. I miss those places SO much.

madmax

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 09:56:49 pm »
Behind the manual as well. I generally just forget about them though.

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 10:22:16 pm »

Yeppers, I'm from Boulder. When I was there, I used to find good stuff at decent prices. The receipt on my Dreamcast proves it! Never bought new stuff there though.

A great day is picking up some pizza from Cosmos and then going to GameForce. If you live in the area, go eat at Thai Avenue on the Hill and Sherpa's (close to Pearl) for me. I miss those places SO much.

That is awesome! I'm a Colorado native and have lived all over the place (including Boulder for 2-years). I used to shop at Gameforce Boulder a lot more, but they have really become stingy and their prices have gone up so much in the 4+ years I have been going there. I love Cosmos! Excellent pizza :). I have never ate at either of those others places, will check them out next time I am up there.

sin2beta

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 10:29:47 pm »

That is awesome! I'm a Colorado native and have lived all over the place (including Boulder for 2-years). I used to shop at Gameforce Boulder a lot more, but they have really become stingy and their prices have gone up so much in the 4+ years I have been going there. I love Cosmos! Excellent pizza :). I have never ate at either of those others places, will check them out next time I am up there.

Sherpa's is crazy. It's just in a regular house. But it's ran by an ex-sherpa from Nepal. Fantastic food. Great climbing pictures everywhere. It's very Boulder.

Damn it, I want to go back.