Author Topic: Xbox Dashboard Update  (Read 1066 times)

matt

Xbox Dashboard Update
« on: December 08, 2011, 08:30:00 pm »
What do you guys think of the new dashboard update that rolled out this week? I'm really digging it especially with all of the App potential. I used my Xbox more and more to watch stuff so having YouTube and other providers will be huge. Outside of this every seems really smooth. I also really dig the whole Cloud Storage system for saved games.

desocietas

Re: Xbox Dashboard Update
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 08:38:29 pm »
I just updated last night but haven't used it really.  I was kinda confused by the top bar of menu screens at first, but maybe it's different if I used my Kinect... will have to play with it some more, especially come winter break.

If anything, it looks so bleak!  Do you know if there are any themes offered?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

matt

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 08:46:05 pm »
Good question about themes. I haven't used one in forever so I didn't even think about it. Hmm...

It looks like they really integrated Kinect through and through. I ended up selling mine a few months back because I never used it.

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 03:33:37 pm »
I don't care for the new update, it seems to display less things now, and there are video adverts in some of the menus which are far more prominent than they were before, if they existed before.

I don't see what was Kinect unfriendly about the old menu, to be honest, in the same way that you can navigate the XMB with the Move, you could have navigated that with Kinect.

darko

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 07:55:16 pm »
I'm okay with it. I'm not impressed with the fact that the game I have in my system is in a little tiny square right next to the giant adds square. BUT...the overall feel is pretty cool.

psydswipe

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 11:39:32 am »
I think it's easier to navigate but then I don't ever use too many features. Often I just turn on the system and load a game. More often than not if I make a game purchase I do it through Xbox.com and then when I turn on my system it automatically downloads what I purchased.

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 12:33:23 pm »
I think it's easier to navigate but then I don't ever use too many features. Often I just turn on the system and load a game. More often than not if I make a game purchase I do it through Xbox.com and then when I turn on my system it automatically downloads what I purchased.

I'm in the same boat.  Haven't really used the XBox for Netflix or Hulu or anything else in a long while, so all these extra boxes are kinda too much.  But maybe this will be like Facebook and we'll just learn to deal with/love it.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas