Author Topic: Alien Isolation  (Read 1106 times)

Alien Isolation
« on: March 19, 2014, 10:08:14 am »
How do you guys feel about the upcoming Alien game, Alien Isolation?

Personally, I love survival horror so I'm going to keep my eye on it but I won't buy it until I read some reviews.

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Alien Isolation
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 11:21:22 am »
I'm glad someone finally figured out how to make an Alien game.  It is perfect for Survival Horror.  I hope it's great. 
Now, I probably won't play it.  I don't really like survival horror.  I'd rather blow stuff up.

Veilor

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 12:31:26 pm »
Well people were excited for colonial marines when that was announced, look what happened to that :P

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 01:25:54 pm »
Well people were excited for colonial marines when that was announced, look what happened to that :P

That's why I'm really hesitant about buying it. But then again Gearbox tends to make shitty games for a series they weren't originally a part of, e.g., counter strike: Condition Zero, Duke Nukem, Sambra De Amigo, Aliens Infestation, Half Life: Decay, Half Life: Blue Shift...etc.

The only thing that concerns me is that The Creative Assembly has primarily made real time strategies games for the past decade.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:33:51 pm by instantreplay »

sin2beta

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 04:41:43 pm »
To begin, I am really excited.

Now, I remember the Alien Colonial Marine fiasco very well. For a while, I was helping to write on Sega Addicts (a fan site). If you listen to our early podcasts, there is SO much optimism and confidence in the game and Gear Box. This was crushed. Just utterly crushed. Luckily SEGA fans are used to being optimistic and then crushed. We call it the Sonic cycle.

Just remember, you can't spell aliens without an L, I, E, and a S.

But they fool me every time. I legitimately think it will be good this time. I am going to buy it very early on. I'm excited.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 05:28:31 pm »
I'm interested, but I don't like non-combat oriented survival horror games like Outlast and Amnesia which this is gonna be more like that.  The setting might be good enough to pull me in though.