Author Topic: How can I view the site on mobile in desktop mode?  (Read 1430 times)

Warmsignal

How can I view the site on mobile in desktop mode?
« on: March 23, 2014, 05:52:55 pm »
I don't care for the mobile site because its difficult to navigate between the lists and the category selector area (categories are far from accurate to the touch and sometimes slow and unresponsive). Really I'd like to just view the site as desktop on my mobile. I even have a browser (Dolphin) which allows all sites to view as desktop but Vgcollect still shows as mobile. Funny because the forum views like desktop. What's wrong with the site section?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 05:55:33 pm by Warmsignal »

teck

PRO Supporter

Re: How can I view the site on mobile in desktop mode?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 08:22:30 pm »
I actually would also prefer the standard version of the site on mobile actually...

matt

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 02:56:35 pm »
I don't care for the mobile site because its difficult to navigate between the lists and the category selector area (categories are far from accurate to the touch and sometimes slow and unresponsive). Really I'd like to just view the site as desktop on my mobile. I even have a browser (Dolphin) which allows all sites to view as desktop but Vgcollect still shows as mobile. Funny because the forum views like desktop. What's wrong with the site section?

hmmmm

Nothing is technically wrong with it, it is just uses some different technology that auto-adjusts the screen based on your screen width. I know there is a way to override it - I'll look into it tonight and follow up here.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 07:26:17 am »

hmmmm

Nothing is technically wrong with it, it is just uses some different technology that auto-adjusts the screen based on your screen width. I know there is a way to override it - I'll look into it tonight and follow up here.

Thanks matt....  I haven't checked out the newly reworking app again yet though, so there is always that....

Warmsignal

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 06:34:56 pm »
The site is pretty much unusable on my mobile. Can't get to the search, can't add anything, and the difficulty navigates categories. I wish the App was still underway.  :(

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 11:56:27 am »
The site is pretty much unusable on my mobile. Can't get to the search, can't add anything, and the difficulty navigates categories. I wish the App was still underway.  :(

The (android) app still works for me.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 11:31:43 pm »
Just tried browsing the site on my new Winblows Phone and have the same issue. Browsing set to desktop mode but still see mobile site.  :(
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

tpugmire

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 10:18:26 am »
Yeah the mobile site is pretty much unusable for me as well. It's on my list of things that need to be fixed.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 09:56:18 pm »
Yeah the mobile site is pretty much unusable for me as well. It's on my list of things that need to be fixed.

Good to hear! I realize that not all websites always work as desktop sites just because the cell phone browser is set for desktop. Like Amazon still loads as a mobile site on my phone too, but it does have a nice button to switch to desktop view on the site.

Totally understand it probably takes a ton of work to alter the mobile site so no worries. I know minimal web codes and a bunch of SQL. Probably neither of much use to helping around here so I appreciate all that you guys do when working on the site!
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01