Author Topic: Games that were released on all 6th generation consoles?  (Read 1462 times)

Games that were released on all 6th generation consoles?
« on: March 23, 2014, 07:18:19 pm »
I was wondering how many games came out on all 6th generation home consoles (Dreamcast, PS2, GCN, XB), and I could only come up with Capcom Vs. SNK 2. Are there any others?

Re: Games that were released on all 6th generation consoles?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 11:00:18 pm »
Depends on the region and if you include special editions variants and homebrews.

They're still releasing PS2 games. FIFA 2014 just came out in September.
On playstation.com it lists a total 1791 games, but that's just listing the total for my region (USA).  I've seen a lot of people say more than 2400. Other sources point to 3800 and more!

Wiki: 967 games for the Xbox video game console. Includes 284 titles exclusive to North America, 58 exclusive to Europe, 24 exclusive to Japan, and three exclusive to Australasia.

GameCube 554

Dreamcast 248

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 11:11:04 pm »
^ I believe he's asking how many games had a release across all 4 platforms (Dreamcast, PS2, GameCube, & XBox); without not being released on any 1 of them.

sin2beta

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 11:16:02 pm »
There really aren't a lot. (I can't think of any. Capcom vs SNK 2 for DC isn't in North America even) This is one reason I sometimes consider the Dreamcast 5th generation. It died 8 months before the XBox or Gamecube even came out. Most of its life was in the previous generation.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 11:17:12 pm »
ohhhhhhh. haha. That's tough. There's a lot of franchises that where all over, like SoulCaliber, but I can't really think of a particular game being on all four systems

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 11:21:28 pm »
I think maybe tony hawks games!? namco museum, emm I know darkaliance is on xbox, ps2 and gamecube but dont know if it is in dreamcast,

sin2beta

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 11:32:53 pm »
I think maybe tony hawks games!? namco museum, emm I know darkaliance is on xbox, ps2 and gamecube but dont know if it is in dreamcast,

Tony Hawk surprisingly doesn't work. That's the one I thought of. Dreamcast stops at 2. Gamecube starts at 3.

Namco Museum does, if you don't get picky on versions.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 11:47:10 pm »
The Genesis Sonic games are on the Sega Smash Pack for Dreamcast and are also on Sonic Mega Collection which is on GameCube, PS2, and XBox. But that hardly counts.

Warmsignal

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 01:16:54 am »
EDIT: Though I had one, but nope. That's a tough question. Probably not many.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 01:25:03 am by Warmsignal »

theflea

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 03:42:23 am »
The reason you can't think of many title released on all four consoles is because Dreamcast came out first when it's competitors where the PS1 and the N64 (Microsoft wasn't into consoles yet) By the time the Xbox and GC was released the DC was pretty much dead. When Microsoft made the Xbox Sega's DC was done due to Microsoft made the software that ran the DC.

Bet you can name a crap load of games released on the DC, PS1 & N64?
Even though we think of DC was a 6th Gen console, it mostly played with 5th Gen when it was out. Then competed with PS2 then a year later Xbox killed it. and GC came out a week after Xbox.

"Happy game hunting!!!"