Author Topic: Remove [NA] from PC Digital Download  (Read 659 times)

Veilor

Remove [NA] from PC Digital Download
« on: March 24, 2014, 02:06:22 am »
I brought this up in the missing consoles section right about the time I joined, I know scott replied but nothing happened. But I don't think there should be a region on Digital Download for PC. It's not even region restricted!  :o  Everyone can buy and download games from the same webshops. Bringing this up as having it region restricted in title might scare off EU people from adding games to their collection.

foxhack

Re: Remove [NA] from PC Digital Download
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 08:18:54 am »
I brought this up in the missing consoles section right about the time I joined, I know scott replied but nothing happened. But I don't think there should be a region on Digital Download for PC. It's not even region restricted!  :o  Everyone can buy and download games from the same webshops. Bringing this up as having it region restricted in title might scare off EU people from adding games to their collection.

You're right, all those websites that kick me out for being a baka gaijin love to sell games to Americans. :P

I agree on getting the NA removed. But man there are lots of region restrictions on digital games. Friggin' EA is the worst.

Veilor

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 08:25:10 am »

You're right, all those websites that kick me out for being a baka gaijin love to sell games to Americans. :P

I agree on getting the NA removed. But man there are lots of region restrictions on digital games. Friggin' EA is the worst.

There are? I think it's the same digital game only on different region stores. The only region restriction I can see is NA/EU/Asia servers on internet connection but I wouldn't count that.

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 02:23:49 pm »
There are? I think it's the same digital game only on different region stores. The only region restriction I can see is NA/EU/Asia servers on internet connection but I wouldn't count that.

I believe neither of us have access to the censored versions of games sold in Germany or Australia. And many games don't even get sold digitally in Asia / Japan because they're locked by the publishers themselves. So there's lots of region restrictions, you just don't stumble upon them as often as other countries do.