Author Topic: Ever use re-sealable baggies on your games?  (Read 767 times)

Warmsignal

Ever use re-sealable baggies on your games?
« on: March 25, 2014, 07:14:08 pm »
This is something I am going to start doing soon. The main reason is shelf wear. I hate shelf wear, because I love the glossiness of a brand new game. Also ideal if your home is not air conditioned, like mine isn't. In the summer, depending on where you live, that can wreak havoc on your games. Not everything I have is pristine, but what is, I wish to keep that way.

They make these for DVD cases, but I wonder, do they make them for blu-ray, or 3DS? Vita for that matter?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: Ever use re-sealable baggies on your games?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 07:24:39 pm »
I can't speak for re-sealable bags, but in order to reduce Shelf wear myself I recently started putting Nonslip Toolbox Drawer Liner on my shelves and it seems to work really good. if you do this just avoid the mesh version

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 07:28:46 pm »
No. The ones without cases just go without and I dust my shelves.

Unless they're NES, Game Boy/GBC, or Game Gear games. I can usually find a stash of old dust sleeves/plastic cases for cheap on those at the local used movie shop in town, or in an auction on eBay.

That's not a bad idea, though. I just imagine it looking kind of ugly on shelves with a bunch of plastic bags covering them.

Warmsignal

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 07:51:49 pm »
No. The ones without cases just go without and I dust my shelves.

Unless they're NES, Game Boy/GBC, or Game Gear games. I can usually find a stash of old dust sleeves/plastic cases for cheap on those at the local used movie shop in town, or in an auction on eBay.

That's not a bad idea, though. I just imagine it looking kind of ugly on shelves with a bunch of plastic bags covering them.

I have one PS2 game in one, because that's the way it was sent to me. It's really not as obtrusive as you might think. With the correct type, you can barely notice the bag.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 01:03:15 pm »
Never used em myself, I buy those plastic folding boxes to protect my cardboard box games....  They make them in cartridge size too, but I only have CIB stuff....  I sold all my loose stuff a couple years back, they look great and protect well!