Author Topic: Everquest  (Read 970 times)

90snostalga

Everquest
« on: March 27, 2014, 12:16:11 am »
Any possible way to play the first Everquest without an internet connection?  Thanks for any help...

Re: Everquest
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 01:44:38 am »
whats an mmo offline? lawlz

soera

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 09:15:49 am »
Ahhh my weakness. Everquest. No, its not possible to play EQ without an internet connection unless you just want to do the tutorial which is a horrible waste of time and has no impact whatsoever on the game itself.

But EQ is no longer the way it used to be. There are 3 levels of pay now. You can actually do free to play but you are limited on characters, bank/inventory slots and what not. Then there is a (I believe) a $5.99 a month and $15.99 a month.

90snostalga

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 05:04:29 pm »
Thanks for the responses guys.  I thought I would double check because I was reading another forum a while back that was saying you could but the step by step instructions on how to do so was kind of confusing so I figured I'd turn to VGCollect to check.  I think you had to download  some patch and do a bunch of other crap lol  ;).  I just cant find that article now googling it.

I was reading my newest GameInformer issue and it was talking about a new EverQuest that does not end they just add different things every so many months or years and you can build your house, go and hunt for treasure, etc.  and it seems really cool actually but I know that one is online only unfortunately.

Thanks guys.

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 05:37:45 pm »
Well I know in some games like the original Guild Wars there were some instances that were offline, while HUB area were online.

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 11:28:21 am »
Well I know in some games like the original Guild Wars there were some instances that were offline, while HUB area were online.

There is no part in GW1 that you can play offline. Even though the instances are single-player (unless you invite someone into your party) you cannot play them without an active internet connection.