Author Topic: N64 controller not found error  (Read 1301 times)

N64 controller not found error
« on: April 05, 2014, 04:38:24 pm »
So I got an N64 at a flea market today, with 2 controllers(tight sticks), ac coord, and tv cord.  Also got a copy of NES Karate Champ 3 screw.  I bought all of this for $20.

After I hooked up the N64 I was getting controller not found.  I plugged in my N64 console and tested both newly purchased controllers and they work great.

I then went back to my flea market deal and tried many more times.  I tried all 4 ports and very rarely/randomly it would work. 

I took apart the whole system and cleaned it thoroughly with rubbing alcohol.  Any suggestions?

karyann

Re: N64 controller not found error
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 06:21:44 pm »
I've had the same problem with a controller I bought used, and couldn't get it to work at all. I wanted to open up the controller connector and see if everything was fine, but I'm afraid I'll break it all if I try to pry it open :-\

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 08:05:03 pm »
I;m pretty sure this is console related... the controllers worked fine on my other system... is there anything to do to the console to fix it?

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 10:33:39 pm »
Im not a hundred percent sure but, my genesis had the same problem, I just took it apart and re-soldered the controller port. Checking various pictures on the internet of the controller port, that might be the problem