Author Topic: Update: Image Galleries available to all!  (Read 1669 times)

matt

Update: Image Galleries available to all!
« on: April 15, 2014, 09:09:31 pm »
Hey all,

Long time - not many updates. Things have been quite busy in my world but I still have a bunch of updates in the progress.  After a bit more than a month in testing we just opened up image galleries to everyone. The image limits are still there and we'll be evaluating those just to make sure we have a healthy balance between usability and disk space. Let us know if there are any issues.

Thanks,
Matt

spac316

Re: Update: Image Galleries available to all!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 10:10:21 pm »
Cool, thanks!
I uploaded about a dozen pics showing the best parts of my collection.

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 10:34:23 pm »
When uploading a photo there's no indication that anything is happening. So I figured maybe I mis-clicked or something so I click on Upload a few more times. To add to my confusion it didn't help that the directory field said "C:\fakepath\image.jpg" when I had the image on my desktop. By the time the Upload screen went away the image I had selected was uploaded four times.

matt

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 10:38:55 pm »
When uploading a photo there's no indication that anything is happening. So I figured maybe I mis-clicked or something so I click on Upload a few more times. To add to my confusion it didn't help that the directory field said "C:\fakepath\image.jpg" when I had the image on my desktop. By the time the Upload screen went away the image I had selected was uploaded four times.

I'll see if I can update it to say "Uploading..." or give some sort of visual indication that it is working. The fakepath thing is actually a  security implementation of the browser - the browser is protecting you from us accessing your disk structure. Can't do anything about that one.

matt

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 10:47:19 pm »
And updated!

When you click "Upload", it'll change to "Uploading..." and the button will disable itself until the upload is complete. Thanks for the feedback!

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 10:52:29 pm »
The fakepath thing is actually a security implementation of the browser - the browser is protecting you from us accessing your disk structure.

Oh, okay. I had not seen that before.