Author Topic: Disapointed at my local Good will  (Read 5393 times)

davifus

Re: Disapointed at my local Good will
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2014, 02:03:34 pm »
I haven't been any goodwill since May, but all the goodwill around my place have a set price of $5.05 regardless of how good or bad the game is. Rarely the price can fluctuate by a 1 dollar more or sometime a couple dollars less. My favorite goodwill find is probably when I find a CIB Pokemon Pinball (GBC) with all the plastic sleeves inside for $3.00. 
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

Warmsignal

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2014, 08:58:39 pm »
Our Good Will has never put out games in my 6 years of doing this, never found a thing. They did have some junk at first, but then it just disappeared, no Madden, nothing. They must have been doing the shopgoodwill thing since way back. It's disappointing that they also put CDs online now, I used to find good stuff in music there. But now it's on eBay, and they use stock images and give no description of condition. Terrible idea.

Salvation Army on the other hand, puts out games and CDs all of the time when they get them.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 09:02:34 pm by Warmsignal »

davifus

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2014, 09:02:20 pm »
Our Good Will has never put out games in my 6 years of doing this, never found a thing. They did have some junk at first, but then it just disappeared, no Madden, nothing. They must have been doing the shopgoodwill thing since way back. It's disappointing that they also put CDs online now, I used to find good stuff in music there. But now it's on eBay, and they use stock images and give no description of condition. Terrible idea.

Salvation Army on the other hand, puts out games all of the time when they get them.

its the opposite for me. I never see any games in my Salvation Army
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2014, 10:31:34 pm »
I feel bad for people that have that Goodwill game store in their area.  They aren't ever gonna find anything at cheaper prices ever again lol

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2014, 11:44:35 am »
I feel bad for people that have that Goodwill game store in their area.  They aren't ever gonna find anything at cheaper prices ever again lol

Goodwill opening up video game stores irritates me for the obvious reason that they've decided to create a platform to justify their shitty prices for merchandise that was donated to them, but also shows me that video game collecting/collecting has become insanely popular. I'm sure 95% of the people who go into Goodwill or any thrift store looking for games are either collectors or resellers, and obviously this group of people is so large they are actually trying to see if this will be a viable option. This bothers me because I can't see prices going down, especially on the older stuff if this keeps up. It makes me a bit sad :(

GrooDWanderer

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2014, 01:24:15 pm »
I recently got the bug to go hunting for games and hit up 4 Goodwills in my area. Two of them had games. One of them had them in the "media" section together with DVDs and CDs. (and this was the only one out of the 3 I visited that day that actually had a media section)  I picked up 5 or 6 PS2 games there for about $2 each. The other was a Goodwill that was further away and I stumbled upon it by accident. I was on my way to another store when I spotted this tiny Goodwill Bookstore at the corner of this strip mall. The store was really small and only had books, movies and video games. I picked up 6 or 7 PS2 games there for about $3 each.

I have seen many listings for video games sold by Goodwill on eBay. Their service usually sucks and the listing is so lazy. They don't have any actual pictures of the game being sold and they don't guarantee that the game will include the manual or even the original case and artwork. When I ask them directly what the condition is they just direct me to the description in the listing which usually states, " May or may not come with manual", if they reply at all.

I just looked them up on ebay to give a link to an example and it showed that "shopgoodwill" is no longer a registered user. Very interesting.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/shopgoodwill

Going directly to their site, I see that it seems they have set up their own auction listings where all the goodwills are jumbled together. Maybe that's why they closed their ebay account?

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/listings/
As dangerous as a stampede of cattle...and almost as smart.