Author Topic: The Wii U is a failure?  (Read 17110 times)

dreama1

The Wii U is a failure?
« on: April 21, 2014, 06:30:23 pm »
The Wii U is a failure?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: The Wii U is a failure?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 06:51:31 pm »
By Nintendo's normal standards, yes. Compared to other consoles on a whole, no. It's doing okay, but not great, from what I can tell. It's selling, but not like hotcakes like Nintendo is used to.

It seems to be enough to have Nintendo worried, though. They're looking to branch-out to smart-phone games, from what I've read.

dreama1

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 07:00:06 pm »
By Nintendo's normal standards, yes. Compared to other consoles on a whole, no. It's doing okay, but not great, from what I can tell. It's selling, but not like hotcakes like Nintendo is used to.

It seems to be enough to have Nintendo worried, though. They're looking to branch-out to smart-phone games, from what I've read.
Smart phone games? Ohh god trainwreck, trainwreck.. They should be trying to get more games like bayonetta 2. I heard in the UK it's sales is less than 1% of what the ps4 sold.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 07:08:57 pm »

Smart phone games? Ohh god trainwreck, trainwreck.. They should be trying to get more games like bayonetta 2. I heard in the UK it's sales is less than 1% of what the ps4 sold.

Financial failure?  Probably. Unless something drastic happens, it's a flop.

Failure as a system?  Absolutely not. It's a real fun system. The gamepad is a cool feature that could be put to good use. I love mine. It gets way more playtime than my 360 or PS3.

haloofthesun

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 07:16:28 pm »
They're looking to branch-out to smart-phone games, from what I've read.

No they aren't. Stupid investors want them to, but they said they aren't going to.

dreama1

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 07:21:12 pm »

Failure as a system?  Absolutely not. It's a real fun system. The gamepad is a cool feature that could be put to good use. I love mine. It gets way more playtime than my 360 or PS3.
Looked at the game lineup for this year. All i've seen as far as I know Super smash bros, and mario kart. Doesn't look like that's going to cut it. They're not even throwing punches back. Saturn put more games out than that.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 07:42:40 pm »
I was going to write how I believe the Wii U is not a failure but ... FUCK IT

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 07:55:02 pm »

Looked at the game lineup for this year. All i've seen as far as I know Super smash bros, and mario kart. Doesn't look like that's going to cut it. They're not even throwing punches back. Saturn put more games out than that.

It's no doubt that they're lacking games. I really think Nintendo dropped the ball. They have a solid system, but nothing to play on it. They do have a few games coming up that I'm interested in.

I still haven't picked up Donkey Kong: Tropic Freeze, but I will. I'll buy Smash Bros, and I can't wait for Mario Kart.

Child of Light: I'm not an RPG guy, but they claim this was inspired by FF6 and Chrono Trigger. I might be in.

Hyrule Warriors: Dynasty Warriors in the Zelda Universe? Sign me up

X (Monolith Soft game) :  I'm out on this one, but folks are excited about it.

They do need more games, and nothing is a system seller; but I still like the console. Maybe these will keep me busy.

dreama1

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 07:58:40 pm »
I was going to write how I believe the Wii U is not a failure but ... FUCK IT
The dreamcast story probably ended something like that I imagine, the house is on fire but lets sit here hopefully it'll burn out lol. Out of the 3 consoles I would probably want to go with the Wii U if they didn't keep releasing the same tired franchises, and for children at that.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 07:59:51 pm »

It's no doubt that they're lacking games. I really think Nintendo dropped the ball. They have a solid system, but nothing to play on it. They do have a few games coming up that I'm interested in.

I still haven't picked up Donkey Kong: Tropic Freeze, but I will. I'll buy Smash Bros, and I can't wait for Mario Kart.

Child of Light: I'm not an RPG guy, but they claim this was inspired by FF6 and Chrono Trigger. I might be in.

They do need more games, and nothing is a system seller; but I still like the console. Maybe these will keep me busy.
also Bayonetta 2

dreama1

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 08:02:26 pm »

Child of light is out on every other system, and it's a download game only.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 08:04:23 pm »
I have a Feeling this Thread was started just so someone could be a troll

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 08:09:06 pm »
I still want a Wii U based on the Mario games alone: Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros. U, and New Super Luigi U. Zombie U and NES Remix look cool. Looking forward to Hyrule Warriors and the upcoming Zelda game, too.

It's still a bit expensive, though. I know a price-drop has got to be coming soon, so I'm holding out.

dreama1

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 08:09:24 pm »
I have a Feeling this Thread was started just so someone could be a troll
Huh? Is that a personal attack on me, I don't believe I insulted you? :o

dreama1

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 08:10:54 pm »
I still want a Wii U based on the Mario games alone: Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros. U, and New Super Luigi U. Zombie U and NES Remix look cool. Looking forward to Hyrule Warriors and the upcoming Zelda game, too.

It's still a bit expensive, though. I know a price-drop has got to be coming soon, so I'm holding out.
Waiting for X,  bayonetta 2, and that fire emblem game.