Author Topic: A place to get blank game cases?  (Read 2698 times)

razorbeamz

A place to get blank game cases?
« on: April 21, 2014, 06:52:22 pm »
Some of my PS2 cases are kind of beaten up but the insert is good. Is there somewhere I can buy blank PS2 cases? (Don't say I should use DVD cases because they aren't the same.)
My collection doesn't include my Steam or PSN games, just physical games.

dreama1

Re: A place to get blank game cases?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 08:55:22 pm »
Some of my PS2 cases are kind of beaten up but the insert is good. Is there somewhere I can buy blank PS2 cases? (Don't say I should use DVD cases because they aren't the same.)
Try looking on ebay, or buy a bunch of ultra cheap ps2 games and use those boxes.

thecrypticodor

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 10:16:33 pm »
Try looking on ebay, or buy a bunch of ultra cheap ps2 games and use those boxes.
Goodwills are also good place to find old PS2 sports titles. They usually just sit there because nobody wants them. Just grap em up and cannibalize their cases.

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 12:41:19 am »
You can either buy some new on ebay or amazon, or go to a place like goodwill and buy a bunch of cheap games and throw out the contents.

You could also pick up a bunch of games at Gamestop for like $1 each and just throw out the contents.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 02:10:46 pm by instantreplay »

topspot123

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 10:59:52 pm »
I'm very late to this thread, but I highly recommend http://shop.bresoftware.com/Replacement-Game-Cases_c_110.html for empty cases and lots of other collection supplies.   I've ordered from them several times over the years and have never been disappointed.  They run pretty frequent promotions, if you want to join their emailing list or follow them on facebook.

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 06:37:46 pm »
If you're still looking, I'd try dumpster diving at any GameStop. You can find all kinds of stuff, especially empty PS2 cases.

Of course, I can't be responsible if you get caught. :P

theflea

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 11:12:17 am »
what I usually do when I want to replace a case, is when I'm out garage salin' and find cheap PS2 games (under a $1) buy the games I already own that are easy trades at local game stores that will give me over $1 in store credit. Most stores don't care about the case's condition or the case at all. So I replace my case and built up some credit. :P
You can do the same with sport titles but you'll loose money just because most stores your lucky to get a quarter for a sport game and some wont take them because they have a ton of them already.
"Happy game hunting!!!"