Author Topic: Only 111 items left in my wishlist!  (Read 2077 times)

Re: Only 111 items left in my wishlist!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 11:45:48 pm »
1537 on my wishlist at the moment.  :o

Doubt I can make it go much lower as items are added regularly haha.

Warmsignal

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 12:59:18 am »
Are you talking to me about my wishlist being doable? With over 400 items and growing? I don't know what kind of money you have, but I think you're doing better than me.

But yeah, I don't have a lot of super-high-priced items, because unlike most collector-gamers, I'm not that big into JRPGs, which is where a lot of the pricier games lie. I still have some pricey ones on there, though (DuckTales 2, House of the Dead, Albert Odyssey, Sunset Riders, Punisher (Genesis), Castlevania: Dracula X, Final Fight 3, etc.)

Actually that first assessment was directed at the OP's list, I was commending his for being humble and very realistic. I'm just saying $50 for one SNES game can (and most likely will) get much worse, you should jump on it. SNES has lost it's mind.

I want the key platformers and select RPGs for Saturn, I only have 15 Saturn games on my hit list. It's gonna set me back about $700 eventually, which is nauseating. I don't even consider my list as a whole realistic because of the Saturn alone and they're not even the holiest of the holy. I feel like if I just chucked my Saturn and PSP lists, I'd be a total realist. Earthbound and all.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2014, 03:22:02 am »
Actually that first assessment was directed at the OP's list, I was commending his for being humble and very realistic. I'm just saying $50 for one SNES game can (and most likely will) get much worse, you should jump on it. SNES has lost it's mind.

I want the key platformers and select RPGs for Saturn, I only have 15 Saturn games on my hit list. It's gonna set me back about $700 eventually, which is nauseating. I don't even consider my list as a whole realistic because of the Saturn alone and they're not even the holiest of the holy. I feel like if I just chucked my Saturn and PSP lists, I'd be a total realist. Earthbound and all.

Thanks for the sanity check.

I try to limit my wish list to stuff I know I will play. Or that my wife and son will play.

I also keep an open mind with regards to form factor. For example, I eliminated the entire Mega Man series from my wishlist (NES & SNES) by plucking up the two compilations that were released on the Playstation 2.

I eliminated costly master system and genesis purchases by getting Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.

I have to pace myself. I landed Ducktales 2 a week ago. That was a biggie. In spite of my wife cutting off the card I still managed to get Zelda Links Awakening DX, Duke Nukem a Time To Kill, and Journey Escape for the 2600. :)

I get the originals when I can do so "reasonably". Once prices get ridiculous I force myself to settle for "official" emulation/remakes.

I might actually take TMNT: Turtles in Time off of my list. I have Hyperstone Heist for Genesis and Turtles in Time is getting ridiculous in price. I hate to do it. But some places are already listing it for $90.