Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 737 times)

Feature Requests
« on: May 11, 2014, 02:34:10 pm »
Hello.
First of all: yay. After trying so many different collection pages I finally feel home. This, is what I wanted. Thanks.

But still there 2 requests that id like to take

1. I would like that the search is not only limited to the game name, but also includes ISBN/Barcode and Item-Number fields. Why? Well. Simply because many times I have several different items of one unit ... + i could use a barcode scanner.

2. I would like to have many Item-Number fields for each game and the posibility to select one of them to be in my collection. For example I own several Mario64 games and id like to be able to list them without the need to overblow the database with almost unique entrys.

thanks!
- castella

Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 03:41:16 pm »
UPC is the barcode system you speak of. Yes, that would be great. Unfortunately it's just Matt who runs and programs the site in his spare-time. Maybe he'll get to it.
Another one I'd love to see is sorting your collection other than alphabetically. Genre, Release date, rating, etc.

Also, feel free to list every official variation you want. A lot of people here are completest and like to be able to list every version. The search functionality on the site isn't the greatest. Be sure to thoroughly look for the title or variation by both "searching" and browsing the database. More than likely whatever you're looking for is in the database (unless is a EU localized box variation or something) its just a matter of finding the correct phrasing. Remember to follow the style guide as well when adding new variations.

Welcome to VGCollect
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 07:02:15 pm by badATchaos »

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 04:31:26 pm »
I think he meant he wanted to add just one game entry to his collection but with an amount instead of having three Super Mario 64s listed in his collection as separate items. :p

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 06:59:52 pm »
If that is the case: You can add a game to you're collection multiple times. Click on Add to collection a bunch of times. You can add notes to each listing.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 07:03:07 pm by badATchaos »

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 01:09:42 am »
Thanks for that reply :)

And to the N64 Game Sample: Yes I know that I could do it that way. I was still requesting a maybe, uhm, less database blowing way.
Of course this dont meant, that the request have to be taken serious or as applicateable to the page structure :)

A little off-topic but I still hope you can help me there:
I was adding several Item-Numbers on Gameboy / SNES Games. They were all taken from the original cards on my desk. Some where aprooved and some not. Im just talking about games that only contained a blank field before. Im Not sure why some had been rejected and some not. They are all correct and. well. yeah. I dont see the difference. -> I cant avoid my mistake in the future.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 01:21:53 am by lacastella »