Author Topic: Top 5 Games You Want To Hear More About @ E3 2014  (Read 4820 times)

argyle

Top 5 Games You Want To Hear More About @ E3 2014
« on: May 15, 2014, 10:58:45 am »
Last year's E3 was all about hardware, so this year's will be all about games!  :)  List the top 5 you're hoping to find out more about at the show.  Two rules - only officially announced games (for example, I want to know what Level 5 is working on but since they haven't announced what it is, I'm not listing it ;) ) and realistic games (no Shenmue 3 :P). 

• X (Wii U)
  • Persona 5 (PS3)
  • Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Wii U)
  • Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
  • Final Fantasy XV (PS4)

There are other games I'm highly anticipating - Dragon Age Inquisition, Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3, to name a few - but I only like to learn so much about a game before I play it.  I know everything I want to know about those right now.  There are so many Wii U games on my list because those games are more of an unknown quantity. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Top 5 Games You Want To Hear More About @ E3 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 11:46:08 am »
The only one that really has my attention is Zelda U. And I hope they make a Halo 5 announcement.

It would be nice to hear about some new retro-projects, too (like DuckTales Remastered and Castle of Illusion).

soera

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 11:47:56 am »
I could almost mirror your list other than Persona, I would swap out with the new Zelda game and there was a mention somewhere of Symphony of the night 2 and if thats the case, it would definitely fit on there too.

I know you said to not say anything that hasnt been mentioned yet ... but my top choice is to see if Squenix finally gets with the program on DQ. We havent had a new US based DQ game in 3 years (been 5 years since the main series has had something released here).

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 11:50:41 am »
and there was a mention somewhere of Symphony of the night 2 and if thats the case, it would definitely fit on there too.

Dear God I hope so! Freaking LOVE the first game. And I hope it's so popular that Metroidvania becomes a thing again, and Nintendo FINALLY gives us a new 2D Metroid.

heavengeance

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 12:10:52 pm »
Trying to think about it but I can't think of any games I would like to hear more about besides, Persona 5 and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem since we haven't heard anything basically. Probably something like this

1. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS)
2. Persona 5 (PS3)
3. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Wii U)
4. Bravely Second (3DS)
5. Zelda (Wii U)

I would of put X on the list but I'm already sold I just need a release date. The maybe others would be The Crew and Drive Club.

argyle

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 12:13:07 pm »
Yes, I would be all about a SotN 2.  That's up there with my "is it possible???" list along with Dark Cloud 3, since it was reported that Sony re-upped their trademark on Dark Chronicle in Japan recently.

And the release date is pretty much the only thing I want to hear about X, but I'm so pumped for that game that that alone gets it my #1 spot.  ;)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

soera

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 12:56:20 pm »
I think you and I are both on the same page for X : The release date is the same day we buy a Wii U. :)

I wonder if Bravely Second is already that close? If so, that game jumps way up on my list.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 01:00:10 pm »
What is X?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 02:01:02 pm »
What is X?

It's "X-actly" what you think it is.  :P

It's an RPG by Monolith

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 02:14:05 pm »
What is X?

It's an RPG by Monolith

JRPG or action-RPG?

argyle

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 02:23:13 pm »
What is X?

It's an RPG by Monolith
JRPG or action-RPG?

Follow-up to Xenoblade:

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 03:32:03 pm »
Oh, okay, thanks.

scott

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 04:40:09 pm »
I'm really hoping that SotN 2 is a really real thing and that Metroidvanias are a thing again. Also, I'm looking forward for more info on X.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 04:43:59 pm »
Brutal Legend 2, or King's Field IV would be fan-freaking-tastic to hear about. It's nice to have dreams.

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2014, 05:03:15 pm »
Brutal Legend 2

There would be nothing more wonderful than that to me...Oh it must be made. 5 of them.  they need to make 5 more of those games!

Less fantasy dreamy, I'm really excited to hear more on Zelda for the Wii U, both the Hyrule Warriors and the main release.  Arkham Knight would be another cause I really want to see Batmobile gameplay.  Far Cry 4 was announced today, so I want to see the new setting for that and while DICE/EA are frustrating things now, I'm extremely interested to see Star Wars Battlefront 3.