Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226649 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2014, 05:02:50 pm »
I'm looking forward to it too - it's on my pre-ordered & waiting for list.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2014, 10:34:03 pm »
I won't say I'll never pickup the Vita versions, but I'll have to find them really cheap.  I never could get into the Disgaea series.  :-[

Brand new Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate trailer! :D

Nice! Not sure if I'll ever get tired of these hack and slash games.

soera

« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2014, 01:27:07 am »
I dont care if its niche or not. This is my future. :)

http://rpgfan.com/news/2014/1792.html

In a cruel & (completely hypothetical:) future...you *must* choose between getting a sequel for:

a). Ni No Kuni or

b). Bravely Default  :o

By choosing one...you doom the other & guarantee that the other will never get a sequel ==>

==> Soera says: _____?

ARG! What a horrible predicament. It would take me many days to actually pick one. :(

argyle

« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2014, 01:49:53 am »
I won't say I'll never pickup the Vita versions, but I'll have to find them really cheap.  I never could get into the Disgaea series.  :-[

Brand new Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate trailer! :D

Nice! Not sure if I'll ever get tired of these hack and slash games.

I know I won't - I have a preorder down for Hyrule Warriors, and I was thinking about placing one for Orochi 3 Ultimate as well...but now that they've announced the special edition of Samurai Warriors, I'm going with that one instead.  But I'll end up with Orochi sometime next year, no doubt.  ;) 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2014, 10:49:35 am »
Atlus and NIS America are working together to bring Tears to Tiara II to North America. The game's full title will be Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord. Tears to Tiara II is a strategy RPG developed by Aquaplus. Its story is told in a Visual Novel style. The text will be translated (obviously), however, the Japanese audio will remain untouched. The game will be available on October 14th on the PS3. for $39.99. Haven't heard anything about a physical or digital release yet. Looks pretty good too. :) So far, Atlus USA has only posted the game's opening, so I'll post a Japanese trailer here instead.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 10:51:14 am by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #155 on: July 25, 2014, 10:56:37 am »
Atlus and NIS America are working together to bring Tears to Tiara II to North America. The game's full title will be Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord. Tears to Tiara II is a strategy RPG developed by Aquaplus. Its story is told in a Visual Novel style. The text will be translated (obviously), however, the Japanese audio will remain untouched. The game will be available on October 14th on the PS3. for $39.99. Haven't heard anything about a physical or digital release yet. Looks pretty good too. :) So far, Atlus USA has only posted the game's opening, so I'll post a Japanese trailer here instead.

Looks promising!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2014, 11:36:52 am »
Looks really cool.  Plus, elephants???  :o

Hope this gets a physical release!  ;D
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

desocietas

« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2014, 01:37:43 pm »
Looks really cool.  Plus, elephants???  :o

omg that elephant  :o
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2014, 05:13:41 pm »
That looks amazing. :)

abe

« Reply #159 on: July 25, 2014, 11:04:37 pm »

Well, Atlus is translating the game's text from what I've heard. I don't think it would be an unreasonable assumption that NISA may pitch in to make a fancy LE for us to drop even more money on this fall. :P Maybe it's just wishful thinking though. I really like the look of it so far. It has made a better impression on me personally than NAtURAL DOCtRINE. (I'm only comparing the two because they're both SRPGs)

argyle

« Reply #160 on: July 25, 2014, 11:34:25 pm »

Well, Atlus is translating the game's text from what I've heard. I don't think it would be an unreasonable assumption that NISA may pitch in to make a fancy LE for us to drop even more money on this fall. :P Maybe it's just wishful thinking though. I really like the look of it so far. It has made a better impression on me personally than NAtURAL DOCtRINE. (I'm only comparing the two because they're both SRPGs)

Well, the article I read said that Atlus is publishing it in the US & NIS in Europe.  But I hope you're right.  And I agree, I haven't been impressed by Natural Doctrine at all, but this game looks great. 

desocietas

« Reply #161 on: July 27, 2014, 01:50:14 am »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2014, 12:01:04 pm »
I'm away from my computer so I can't provide a link, but I read an official press release for Tales to Tiara II last night that specifically said ”retail and digital" for the US release.  :)

abe

« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2014, 12:45:48 pm »
I'm away from my computer so I can't provide a link, but I read an official press release for Tales to Tiara II last night that specifically said ”retail and digital" for the US release.  :)

Oh man, so hyped! ;D

On another note, The Mysterious Murasame Castle will reach North America for the first time, in the form of a 3DS virtual console release on the 7th of August.

desocietas

« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2014, 12:51:40 pm »
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth: The Wild Cards Premium Edition is currently at an unlisted price of $71.99 for anyone who's interested!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878166003

This is unlisted, so that means places will not pricematch it.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas