Author Topic: Steven Spielberg to Produce 'Halo' TV Series  (Read 649 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Steven Spielberg to Produce 'Halo' TV Series
« on: May 18, 2014, 02:56:14 am »
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/steven-spielberg-to-produce-halo-tv-series-20140516

Steven Spielberg to Produce 'Halo' TV Series

Microsoft is planning to coincide show with release of 'Halo 5' next fall

By Kory Grow

May 16, 2014 3:45 PM ET

Steven Spielberg will begin producing a live-action television series based on the military-themed sci-fi video game Halo in the fall of 2015, which coincides with the release of the sequel Halo 5: Guardians. The show, which will live on the Xbox Live network, will build on the success of the digital series Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, which debuted alongside the game Halo 4. Microsoft previously announced that Alien director Ridley Scott was working on a multi-part Halo film, according to the Associated Press. No other details about the Spielberg-produced show have been released.

The game Halo 5, on the other hand, will play out at 60 frames per second using a new engine (compared with the 24 frames per second of a standard television broadcast). It's the latest development that Halo has contributed to the Xbox One platform. The software company will announce more details about its plans at Microsoft's presentation at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in June.

The first installment of the Halo series, Halo: Combat Evolved, came out in 2001. Since then it has inspired several cross-platform sequels in video games, novels, comics and more. The last major edition, Halo 4, broke sales records when it brought in $300 million in its first week in 2012.

As Forbes reports, the Spielberg-produced series could position Xbox Live to be in greater competition with streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Instant.

Re: Steven Spielberg to Produce 'Halo' TV Series
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 03:53:47 am »
Old news, but I'm pretty stoked.  The last web series they did wasn't that bad and one that I hope follows Master Chief completely or at least some other Spartans or ODSTs would be awesome.  I may not be as huge into Halo anymore, started fading away with Reach, but I still really like the universe.