Author Topic: It's finally Happening  (Read 3320 times)

Re: It's finally Happening
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2014, 12:41:07 pm »
June 6, 2018

bobster

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 12:15:47 pm »
I'm hoping it's all they claimed it would be. I want one of these for the living room.  Not so much as a space saver, even though that will be nice, but for the wireless controller. I hate having 12' of cord strung across my living room. Wireless controllers have me spoiled.  Kids don't trip over them and cats don't chase them.
This is a way bigger problem with my kitten than I could have imagined.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

soera

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 12:40:28 pm »
Anyone have a pre-order that hasnt gotten a shipping notice yet? I havent gotten mine.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 01:10:18 pm »
Anyone have a pre-order that hasnt gotten a shipping notice yet? I havent gotten mine.

My Amazon pre-order for a black one (from September) still does not have a ship date.

But the local shop I pre-ordered a grey one from last month says I can pick it up today.

I think at this point it depends on whether you ordered the grey or the black and where you ordered from.

soera

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 04:46:28 pm »
Yeah I pre-ordered a black one. I had originally pre-ordered it in Sept or so, cancelled and put in another pre-order at the end of March. I may be pretty low on the list atm anyhow.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 04:37:53 am »
I'm hoping it's all they claimed it would be. I want one of these for the living room.  Not so much as a space saver, even though that will be nice, but for the wireless controller. I hate having 12' of cord strung across my living room. Wireless controllers have me spoiled.  Kids don't trip over them and cats don't chase them.

This is not the wireless controller bliss you are looking for.

See my early review here:

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,4918.msg61048.html#msg61048

blipcs76

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 09:19:22 am »
It doesnt just use HDMI. And for all those older games, the difference between HDMI and Component really isnt going to be noticeable. So get one more HDMI for either the PS3 or the WiiU, toss the 360 into the dumpster and then use component for the Retron 5. Problem solved!

The thing is, the Retron5 upscales video to 720p and has other filters to clean up the video or add scanlines, so there is reason to hook it up via HDMI.  I want to play my old consoles on my projector, but they look horrible when pumped through a 30' composite video cable :b

bobster

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 09:36:54 am »
It doesnt just use HDMI. And for all those older games, the difference between HDMI and Component really isnt going to be noticeable. So get one more HDMI for either the PS3 or the WiiU, toss the 360 into the dumpster and then use component for the Retron 5. Problem solved!

The thing is, the Retron5 upscales video to 720p and has other filters to clean up the video or add scanlines, so there is reason to hook it up via HDMI.  I want to play my old consoles on my projector, but they look horrible when pumped through a 30' composite video cable :b
I really want to get a Frameister XRGB Mini for this reason... but they're pricey... but they make everything look so nice. I'm very torn!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2014, 09:55:46 am »

Did you just wave your hand and Jedi Mind Trick me? "These are not the controllers you're looking for."

soera

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2014, 10:13:09 am »

Fair enough. Use one HDMI for PS3, other for Retron 5. Component for the Wii U (seriously, it doesnt make that big of a difference) and keep the Microshaft system in the dumpster.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2014, 11:13:46 am »

Did you just wave your hand and Jedi Mind Trick me? "These are not the controllers you're looking for."

*waves hand*

I did nothing of the sort. Carry on...

90snostalga

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2014, 03:48:45 pm »

Turf I will choke you through the internet!    Now go find that controller for me!!!   :P ;D