Author Topic: Skylanders Swap Force Wii U for PS4 trade?  (Read 855 times)

argyle

Skylanders Swap Force Wii U for PS4 trade?
« on: June 01, 2014, 01:21:22 am »
This may be a long shot, but...

I recently picked up the Wii U / Skylanders Swap Force bundle because I got a good deal on it.  Was thinking of selling Skylanders, but it's not worth a ton so then I thought I might as well keep it - BUT, if I'm going to play it I'd much rather do so on the PS4, mainly for trophies.  From my understanding, the portal will work on any console (and I know the figures will, of course).  So my question is, does anyone happen to have the PS4 version & would be interested in trading just the game for the Wii U version?  My copy is new & unplayed, tho it is not shrinkwrapped because that's the way it came (packaged in with the system, the game itself had no shrinkwrap). 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Re: Skylanders Swap Force Wii U for PS4 trade?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 12:07:34 pm »
Isnt the wiiu version cheaper than the others?

soera

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 11:54:46 am »
The portals are not any console. Honestly, the trophies on the game are silly and you may as just well play the Wii U version.

argyle

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 12:09:28 pm »
The portals are not any console. Honestly, the trophies on the game are silly and you may as just well play the Wii U version.

Oh, they're not?  That sucks. 

Honestly, not sure I wanna get back into it anyway - had a bunch of the original figures but sold it all (and didn't regret doing so).  Wish I could just trade it in somewhere, but no one will take it. 

EDIT:  Thanks for the info tho!  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 03:43:31 pm »
Yeah thats the issue I had at first is I wanted a portal with a cord for the PS3 so that I didnt have to keep messing with batteries. But the Xbox one was the only one that had a cord and wouldnt work. So they eventually released a single portal for the PS3 with cords and had to buy one separately.

The ones for the 3DS are kind of region free, so to speak, but they are smaller than the others.

If my son wasnt into the game so much, I wouldnt have gotten into them either. Its fun for a few days/a week or so then its just leveling characters out of loyalty.

If you are near a Vintage stock, they deal in used Skylanders. So does Gamestop actually. Either of them would buy it from you (albeit at a very discounted price).