Author Topic: Game console with most sequels  (Read 3120 times)

blipcs76

Re: Game console with most sequels
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2014, 10:04:37 am »
If we're excluding sports and music games, I'd say it's probably the 360 with 9 COD games.  Every Call of Duty game other than the original has been released on the 360.

COD 2
COD 3
COD Modern Warfare
COD Modern Warfare 2
COD Modern Warfare 3
COD World at War
COD Black Ops
COD Black Ops 2
COD Ghosts

And while not direct sequels, I think I counted 15 Tom Clancy games that came out on the original Xbox.

brunauss

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 12:20:36 pm »
If we're excluding sports and music games, I'd say it's probably the 360 with 9 COD games.  Every Call of Duty game other than the original has been released on the 360.

COD 2
COD 3
COD Modern Warfare
COD Modern Warfare 2
COD Modern Warfare 3
COD World at War
COD Black Ops
COD Black Ops 2
COD Ghosts

And while not direct sequels, I think I counted 15 Tom Clancy games that came out on the original Xbox.

Second that. Sports games aside, Tom Clancy is the holder of top spot.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

argyle

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2014, 12:50:28 pm »

COD 2
COD 3
COD Modern Warfare
COD Modern Warfare 2
COD Modern Warfare 3
COD World at War
COD Black Ops
COD Black Ops 2
COD Ghosts

Second that. Sports games aside, Tom Clancy is the holder of top spot.

But Splinter Cell =/= Rainbow Six =/= Ghost Recon, etc.  That's kinda like saying all of the Disney games on a console are sequels to each other. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2014, 02:01:48 pm »

COD 2
COD 3
COD Modern Warfare
COD Modern Warfare 2
COD Modern Warfare 3
COD World at War
COD Black Ops
COD Black Ops 2
COD Ghosts

So then COD is tied with Guitar Hero. And 15 Tom Clancy games? Really? Dang.

90snostalga

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2014, 05:35:20 pm »
If we take out sports games the answer is Mega Man NES????

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2014, 06:24:54 pm »
Series wise, Simple series, 97 indv. games on the ps1, runner up, kinect series with 25 on xbox 360.

Sku wise, 24 Tom Clancys on the Xbox 360.

Sports wise Madden with 15 on ps2.

Actual franchise wise, its like a 12-way tie. Most of which are on the Xbox 360 FOLLOWED BY the o2.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 08:31:55 pm by Jakandsig »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 07:44:31 pm »

No, we've established that both Guitar Hero and COD have had 9 releases on 1 console. And someone said that there were 15 Tom Clancy games. Mega Man had 6 on the NES. (Not counting sports games, like you said.)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2014, 08:18:32 pm »

No, we've established that both Guitar Hero and COD have had 9 releases on 1 console. And someone said that there were 15 Tom Clancy games. Mega Man had 6 on the NES. (Not counting sports games, like you said.)

Tom Clancy games don't count. Just because dude's name is in the title does make them sequels or a series. Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon have nothing to do with each other.

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2014, 08:30:38 pm »

Tom Clancy games don't count. Just because dude's name is in the title does make them sequels or a series. Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon have nothing to do with each other.

Please use the guide i.just posted above. Even then, 9 splinter cell skus.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2014, 08:39:15 pm »

Dude, don't be a dick. I didn't see any kind if "guide"

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2014, 09:15:18 pm »
 My apologies, you just be in a bad mood because your reaction doesnt make sense. I assure you I was not trying to seem like a "rick" if I came off that way.

Dude, don't be a dick. I didn't see any kind if "guide"

foxhack

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2014, 09:36:11 pm »
PS2
FIFA 01
FIFA 02
FIFA 03
FIFA 04
FIFA 05
FIFA 06
FIFA 07