Author Topic: Best way to sit a 360  (Read 1224 times)

90snostalga

Best way to sit a 360
« on: June 02, 2014, 10:32:17 pm »
I got my 360 in late February brand new.  The first game I played on it was Shenmue 2 (an original xbox game) and I played it with no problems for hours and hours.  When I played Bully, which the disc looks like brand spanking new, I had a problem where like every 25 to 40 minutes the entire 360 system would freeze.  Even the controller.  Luckilly I saved.  I had to manual turn the xbox off.  My system was sitting on the floor which is carpet so I moved it off the carpet and repositioned it to a shelf on my tv stand.  After that, the system did freeze one other time playing Bully.

My questions is what is the best way to sit a 360 system to avoid it getting over heated?  I am afraid to stand it up because I am paranoid that it will fall down.  My WiiU came with the stand brackets to stand it up securely but not the 360.  Is is best to stand it up and leave it on a regular surface rather than carpet?

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Best way to sit a 360
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 10:36:32 pm »
The carpet will make it overheat.  You need to have that thing on a shelf.  I've had mine sitting up tall on a shelf and have never had any problems. 

ffxik

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 11:48:03 pm »
I prefer to keep mine laying horizontal.  I had mine vertical for quite some time with no issue, but I also have two very rambunctious kids.  Better for me to lay it over before it accidentally gets knocked over while I'm playing it and I lose a disc.  Outside that try to keep any console off carpet.  I had the problem of keeping mine off of the carpet and actually built a small wooden platform that they can sit on while playing.

jcalder8

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 01:52:36 am »
Never ever ever put your console on the carpet. The 360 and PS3 are very temperamental from my experience. Try to keep at least 6 inches clear on each side. I have found that keeping it horizontal is the best way.

soera

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 08:38:01 am »

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 08:43:59 am »
Soera might be on to something

argyle

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 10:17:23 am »

Where the heck is that "Like" button....   ::) :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

90snostalga

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 01:11:27 pm »
haahhahahahahahahahHAHAHA   very very funny Soera  ;)

Yea I moved it from the carpet to the shelf on my tv stand.  I learned my lesson.  I may have to re arrange all my systems because I can only put so many on my shelf but thanks for the advice.  I'm afraid with my kids and being in an up stairs apt sitting it up will be fatal.  If my neighbor slams their front door shut it makes my tv upstairs rattle for example.  Horizontal is the best way for  me but I have it on my shelf next to the WiiU.

It looks good with the WiiU!   :D