Author Topic: Game Titles/covers that do not fit...  (Read 3825 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Game Titles/covers that do not fit...
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 12:06:22 pm »
Weakest system of the 3? Pfft, no other 5th gen system game can touch the size and scope of Morrowind.

argyle

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 01:25:54 pm »
Weakest system of the 3? Pfft, no other 5th gen system game can touch the size and scope of Morrowind.

I said it had the weakest *library*, which obviously is somewhat subjective.  Horsepower-wise it was probably the most capable of the three systems, that's not in question. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2014, 02:07:44 pm »

I said it had the weakest *library*, which obviously is somewhat subjective.  Horsepower-wise it was probably the most capable of the three systems, that's not in question.

Can't argue PS2, but I'd definitely argue that Xbox's library is better than GameCube and Dreamcast's.

soera

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 03:04:11 pm »

Can't argue PS2, but I'd definitely argue that Xbox's library is better than GameCube and Dreamcast's.

I would also pick the Box over Dreamcast. But over the Cube? Not even close. The only reason the Cube is looked down upon is the fallacy that is the N64 breathing its disease over its replacement. But that wasnt even enough to stop the little box. It has probably the best Zelda library of any console system for starters. That alone will topple anything but the PS2 by itself. If it wasnt for the fact that the PS2 was B/C, it would be arguably the best system of that generation.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 03:35:04 pm »

I would also pick the Box over Dreamcast. But over the Cube? Not even close. The only reason the Cube is looked down upon is the fallacy that is the N64 breathing its disease over its replacement. But that wasnt even enough to stop the little box. It has probably the best Zelda library of any console system for starters. That alone will topple anything but the PS2 by itself. If it wasnt for the fact that the PS2 was B/C, it would be arguably the best system of that generation.

I like my GameCube, I love first-party Nintendo games. No hating on it here. But the Xbox had it's fair share of good first-party games, too. The difference with Xbox, though, is that it had strong third-party support, as well, which GameCube lacked.

argyle

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2014, 05:16:40 pm »
The next stop from here is a pointless list war, so I'm gonna just agree to disagree & move on.  :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

soera

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2014, 05:56:30 pm »

I like my GameCube, I love first-party Nintendo games. No hating on it here. But the Xbox had it's fair share of good first-party games, too. The difference with Xbox, though, is that it had strong third-party support, as well, which Nintendo always lacks.

Fixed your sentence. Also Im going to leave this as the end of my side of this discussion as well. We totally threw off the topic.  8)

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2014, 06:21:37 pm »
Phalanx is the go-to game for this topic.

But since that one is said already, I'll go with:

The Krion Conquest

It's got a random clone of Glinda the Good Witch and looks nothing like the character you play as.

Japanese cover:

90snostalga

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2014, 06:40:26 pm »
This maybe a little of a bad example but the American version of this Dragonball game to me is nothing like the cover.  The cover makes me think of Kung Fu.  The character in the game for one does not look like this 3 Ninjas look a like.  The game features Goku and the American version it shows where the head is a monkey head with some kung fu body.  Horrible cover in my opinion compared to the game. 

htimreimer

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2014, 07:23:56 pm »
Not so much a game as an educational tool for aspiring electronics nuts.  My guess anyway.  Please don't tell me it's a poker game, pretty please.
no, it can be best described as tycoon game, it has little to no educational elements to it

argyle

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2014, 07:29:03 pm »
Oh, here's another classic bad/misleading artwork example:

US Version:

Japanese version:

And for anyone who doesn't know, the game is a VERY anime-esque shmup.  :P

bobster

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2014, 09:52:11 am »
Oh, here's another classic bad/misleading artwork example:

US Version:

Japanese version:

And for anyone who doesn't know, the game is a VERY anime-esque shmup.  :P
Is that the first Castle Shikigami or something? That Japanese cover looks so much like it to me.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2014, 11:23:31 am »
Is that the first Castle Shikigami or something? That Japanese cover looks so much like it to me.

From IGN:
Mobile Light Force 2 is in actuality the American repackaging of Alfa System's Japanese shooter Shikigami no Shiro.

So I guess so. 

bobster

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2014, 11:45:00 am »
Well damn, I guess I'm getting good at this  ;D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

tripredacus

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2014, 11:33:55 am »
The following is a picture of a box shaped console with a big "X" on it.  Hince the name "Xbox"

This is also an Xbox.