Author Topic: Umm...Hey Guys!  (Read 5312 times)

amauriel

Umm...Hey Guys!
« on: June 03, 2014, 03:45:47 pm »
Hi everyone! I don't know how to start this or what to say, but I think my life is much more in order than it has been for the last couple of years, so I am going to do my very best to start frequenting this forum again.

For those of you who don't know me, I was really active pretty early on in the site. Then life got weird. I lost a job, husband lost a job, husband had some major health issues, I went back to school for a Master's degree, I wrote a novel (part of said degree), and video games and even the Internet took a back seat to everything going on.

But news! Those of you that I have as Steam friends may have seen that I've actually been playing a game here and there. Although it's only been Skylanders, I've had a bit of time on the PS4 as well. And heck, I even turned my 3DS on the other day. It's like a light at the end of a weird, twisty tunnel with bad cell reception.

Although I practically disappeared from the site, Ronalopolis (my husband) and I have thought of you often throughout the last couple of years. This is the one of only two forums I've ever really felt a part of, and this is the first place online he ever really felt he belonged. There's something special here! (If there wasn't, I wouldn't be writing this right now.)

Ronalopolis has finally gotten better control of his health. (Partially thanks to an insulin pump, partially thanks to some new meds, and partially thanks to some really great neural doctors.) AND we've both gotten new jobs, even though I don't get to start mine until next week.

Point is, it's going to be a while before I'm up on everything that you all have talked about the last couple of years. And I'm sure I have loads of new people to get to know. (Hi! ::waves::) But I'm ready to be back in this awesome community and chat up Harvest Moon, Shin Megami Tensei, and all the other awesome games I've played or need to know about to add to that ridiculous backlog I have.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

soera

Re: Umm...Hey Guys!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 03:51:51 pm »
Hey girlie, been missing ya. Every time I pick up new Skylanders, I think of you. So glad to see you posting again. :)  :-*

amauriel

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 03:55:37 pm »
Hey Hey, good to see you! So you're still collecting Skylanders too?

Skylanders is the only thing I've kept up with since everything started going wonky. I'm up over 170...still getting all the regular characters and all the in-game variants, so I'm currently only missing Quick Draw Rattle Shake and Jade Fire Kraken. That is, until Trap Team comes out.  ;D

90snostalga

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 04:17:28 pm »
Nice to meet you Amauriel  :)   They were telling me about how much they missed you in another forum about Harvest Moon a while back.  Now I finally get to see a post from the great Amauriel   8)

amauriel

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 04:33:16 pm »
Nice to meet you too!

Haha, yeah, Harvest Moon is one of my favorite series ever. That reminds me...I'll have to take an updated picture of my Harvest Moon collection. I've added the giant cow and the yak and who knows what else since my most recent photo. Some amazing family members helped me finish (as of now) the North American releases last Christmas. Unfortunately, although I have A New Beginning, I haven't even started it yet. Part of that depressing backlog...

soera

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 04:38:59 pm »
Hey Hey, good to see you! So you're still collecting Skylanders too?

Skylanders is the only thing I've kept up with since everything started going wonky. I'm up over 170...still getting all the regular characters and all the in-game variants, so I'm currently only missing Quick Draw Rattle Shake and Jade Fire Kraken. That is, until Trap Team comes out.  ;D

Yeah I dont know how many I have now. I have Kickoff Countdown coming in the mail from Germany. Got a sealed blister pack of Punch Pop fizz from there too. I am also missing Quickdraw and Jade Fire Kraken but dont think that one has made it out honestly.

Ive looked at Trap Team but it looks like a huge money pit (Arent they all though?) and my son hasnt been playing Swap Force as much as the first two games so not sure Im going to dive into that one.

abe

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 04:42:13 pm »
Since I'm new to posting on this forum, I've never had the chance to meet you, but it's nice to hear that things have really turned around for you. Btw, is there any chance that we'd get to read that novel you wrote?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 05:07:36 pm »
amauriel!!

Welcome Back!  I always hate it when folks venture out of the fold. 

Welcome Home

amauriel

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 05:12:38 pm »
Nice to meet you, abe!

I'm still in the process of the second edit of the novel. I like the end, but it needs a couple more chapters between the middle and the end to flesh out the story. To give you an idea, it's an older young adult novel about a guy, just out of college, who buys a run-down arcade. He's fixing it up and finds a game he's never heard of. One thing leads to another and he finds out the arcade machine holds the key to a portal to another planet. The planet is home to a wizard's school, but he's the first Earthling to have presented any real magical potential since the days of Merlin, so his dorm mates are all aliens from other planets. It's a bit Harry Potter, a bit Last Starfighter, and a blender full of all the games, books, and movies I've experienced over the years.

I will definitely need a few willing proofreaders, so as long as you are willing to be both positive and negative with input, I'd be glad to let you read it once this edit is finished.

amauriel

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 05:13:19 pm »
Turf...welcome home is right! :)

abe

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 05:27:31 pm »
Nice to meet you, abe!

I'm still in the process of the second edit of the novel. I like the end, but it needs a couple more chapters between the middle and the end to flesh out the story. To give you an idea, it's an older young adult novel about a guy, just out of college, who buys a run-down arcade. He's fixing it up and finds a game he's never heard of. One thing leads to another and he finds out the arcade machine holds the key to a portal to another planet. The planet is home to a wizard's school, but he's the first Earthling to have presented any real magical potential since the days of Merlin, so his dorm mates are all aliens from other planets. It's a bit Harry Potter, a bit Last Starfighter, and a blender full of all the games, books, and movies I've experienced over the years.

I will definitely need a few willing proofreaders, so as long as you are willing to be both positive and negative with input, I'd be glad to let you read it once this edit is finished.

Nice to meet you too.  :)
Your novel sounds like an interesting read. I'd be more than happy to help with proofreading if you need it. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a writer, so I wouldn't be of much use outside of correcting grammatical errors. Though, I'm sure you're doing well in that respect already.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 05:54:24 pm »
Hey...someone stole our old "Amauriel"'s name  :o

MOAR Amauriel  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

amauriel

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 05:54:51 pm »
Nice to meet you too.  :)
Your novel sounds like an interesting read. I'd be more than happy to help with proofreading if you need it. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a writer, so I wouldn't be of much use outside of correcting grammatical errors. Though, I'm sure you're doing well in that respect already.

Proofreading and also feedback. So if you can say "Hey, that's a plot hole!" or "I wanna know what happened to..." or other general feedback, that's just as good (probably better) than noticing comma splices or fragmented sentences.

amauriel

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2014, 05:56:17 pm »

MOAR Amauriel  ;)

Hey there, disgaeniac! Long time, no see (although that's pretty much my fault, haha). :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2014, 06:06:52 pm »

MOAR Amauriel  ;)

Hey there, disgaeniac! Long time, no see (although that's pretty much my fault, haha). :)

;D

Can't say that you haven't had time to finish reading/re-reading that Persona book by now  :-[

Seriously though...it's nice seeing you back around again  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"