Author Topic: Mario Kart 8 free game deal keeps getting better.  (Read 1458 times)

tpugmire

Mario Kart 8 free game deal keeps getting better.
« on: June 06, 2014, 10:38:54 am »
I saw this mentioned on another site, and the general consensus was that most people forgot about this, but does anyone who bought the Wii U deluxe set remember the "Deluxe Digital Promotion"?  Basically, if you bought the deluxe set, you had the option to get points for your digital purchases.  For every 500 points, you get a $5.00 credit in the eShop.  So, everyone knows about the free game you can get when you register your copy of Mario Kart 8.  What most people don't know is that whichever free game you choose to download will give you points in the Deluxe Digital Promotion.  As an example, I chose The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker as my free game.  The game costs $59.99 in the eShop if you were to purchase it, so the game gives you 599 points in the promotion, which is enough to get any NES game download.  So basically, if you buy Mario Kart 8, you can actually get two free games.  Go here to check your balance, you may have a free game waiting.
https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

topspot123

Re: Mario Kart 8 free game deal keeps getting better.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 03:18:31 pm »
Very nice catch!

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 04:37:47 pm »
Really appreciate you catching this, I would have never known..

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 10:07:12 pm »
amazing :)
thank you
i actually had $10.
as i also had zelda(built into the wiiU) and game and wario(free with platinum)

coopcouple

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 01:02:53 pm »
I also did not know this. I should have paid better attention
We're just a couple of game collectors... A collector couple. We've been doing it for a while, so check out our site for game-finding tips and other gaming related goodies. www.coopcouple.com

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 10:48:26 pm »
thank you
i actually had $10.

Hmmm... I got Donkey Kong for Platinum yet it's not showing up on DDP. Anyways, thanks a bunch to tpugmire for this heads up! I'm thinking using this to pay for 5 dollars of Mega Man Battle Network.

tpugmire

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 01:38:44 am »
thank you
i actually had $10.

Hmmm... I got Donkey Kong for Platinum yet it's not showing up on DDP. Anyways, thanks a bunch to tpugmire for this heads up! I'm thinking using this to pay for 5 dollars of Mega Man Battle Network.
The Donkey Kong game is for 3DS, the Deluxe Digital Promotion is only for Wii U games, so it won't show up.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 05:32:13 pm »
Wow... I should have realized something so obvious :P