Author Topic: New Years Resolutions  (Read 7296 times)

foxhack

Re: New Years Resolutions
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 04:07:28 pm »
What's wrong with Backloggery?

tpugmire

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 04:29:14 pm »
Just a thought, but is a backlog feature something that could be done here?

Oh, and I don't have any resolutions.  I'm pretty cool as is.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

desocietas

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 04:33:25 pm »
What's wrong with Backloggery?

Oh, there's just too much going on visually, but there's also not enough going on site-wise.  Adding games manually to my personal list seems weird (with so many other gamers who probably have the same list of titles), and there should be a feature to see who else has backlogged the same game.  I know it's not a database, but those just seem like ways to make it easier for all users.

... I guess I want something simpler, like a simple list of games that can be rearranged pretty easily with a little checkmark to indicate if it's done or not.  But I also don't want to type out every single game that's on my backlog (pretty much most of my collection :p ).  Thus my old suggestion that'd it'd be cool if this site had a backlog feature... ;)  .. but I know that'd open up a whole 'nother can of worms for the mods.

Maybe I should learn how to make a real website and just do it myself! :P
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 04:49:50 pm »
Oh, that's a fair point. I personally use it to list only the games I've completed, and the date. I suppose it's easier for the guy to make it so everyone has their own personal database instead of having to make queries to a huge database filled with dozens of duplicate game entries.

matt

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 05:59:12 am »
This is something we've discuss adding here but I'm still on the fence about it. You could always use the notes features here to document things. I'll also be adding custom lists to the site which may help since it'll allow you to group any games together.

desocietas

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 08:08:08 am »
That's a good reminder about the custom lists.  I know someone else mentioned wanting an option to reorganize the order of their items... any thoughts on that?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

matt

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 09:23:34 am »
I have a prototype of it working. Basically you'll be able to define your own list, say "Final Fantasy". Once you add a game to your collection you'll have the option to add it to this custom list. The items will still be part of your main collection but you'll have different display and sort options. You'd be able to see this list at http://vgcollect.com/matt/list/final-fantasy or something similar. Once I get the selling function finished up this is the next major item I'll work on so stay tuned.

desocietas

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 10:25:21 am »
sweeeeet!  that sounds so awesome.  thanks so much!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas