Author Topic: What's your most unrealistic retro gaming dream?  (Read 4223 times)

Re: What's your most unrealistic retro gaming dream?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2014, 07:09:11 am »
This is gonna sound super weird, but my most unrealistic retro gaming dream takes place in 40 or 50 years, when most people my age will be dreading going to a retirement home. But I'll be relishing it.

I'll be the guy who sets up nightly video game events. Super Smash Bros tournaments, "Name that Tune" NES edition, all while chatting about the good ol' days, such as when the Ultra Nintendo made a surprising comeback against the Playstation 6 and the Google Streamcast.

It'll be excellent.  ;D

bobster

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 08:02:39 am »
This is gonna sound super weird, but my most unrealistic retro gaming dream takes place in 40 or 50 years, when most people my age will be dreading going to a retirement home. But I'll be relishing it.

I'll be the guy who sets up nightly video game events. Super Smash Bros tournaments, "Name that Tune" NES edition, all while chatting about the good ol' days, such as when the Ultra Nintendo made a surprising comeback against the Playstation 6 and the Google Streamcast.

It'll be excellent.  ;D
I got really excited for a second when I thought I read Dreamcast. Now I'm just sad  :'(
Currently Playing: The Witcher

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 08:50:55 am »

It'll be excellent.  ;D

You, sir, made me laugh this morning.   :)

I'll be right there with you.  Except I'll be the dirty old man pinching the nurses on the butt. "Don't worry about ole Mr. Overturf.  He's harmless.  He's such a cute old man."

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2014, 11:02:11 pm »
I've always wanted to play a game where you play from the perspective of different animals, doing real animal things.  I think it would give a lot of insight into the animal world if portrayed realistically.   Sneaking around hunting prey, fighting, jumping though trees, flying, all the great things you get to do as people in games seen through the eyes of animals. 

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2014, 02:12:23 am »
I've always wanted to play a game where you play from the perspective of different animals, doing real animal things.  I think it would give a lot of insight into the animal world if portrayed realistically.   Sneaking around hunting prey, fighting, jumping though trees, flying, all the great things you get to do as people in games seen through the eyes of animals.

Check out Goat Simulator. It is nothing like what you're describing.

pacpix

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2014, 04:38:29 pm »

Check out Goat Simulator. It is nothing like what you're describing.
Yes as someone who has played way to much Goat Simulator I can confirm this is exactly what you are looking for.

And for all of the anti-digital game people on the site Goat Simulator is getting a physical release in Europe so you have no reason not to play it now.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2014, 04:45:24 pm »

Tokyo Jungle

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2014, 06:17:47 pm »

It'll be excellent.  ;D

Not weird at all. I worked for a nursing home for 6 years when I was a teenager. I've often thought the same thing. Let me know what home you choose and we'll party like it's 1985.

Warmsignal

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2014, 12:57:49 am »
To complete at least one console collection. By complete, I mean own every game that I want for it, not every game existing.

Aside from that, finding an Air Raid for Atari 2600 would be pretty cool, but so incredibly unlikely.

amauriel

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2014, 01:37:36 pm »
I collect Game Boys, so I guess that most of those ultra rare editions would fall right into this.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2014, 01:55:26 pm »
Like the exclusive Tommy Hilfiger Game Boy? I saw that once in a Nintendo Power magazine, but have never seen one in actual life.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2014, 08:57:45 pm »
My dream...

Nintendo calls me to script and Direct Metroid: Origins.

A movie prequel to all of the games. (Except Other M).

Only instead of it detailing the origin of the Metriods it details the Origin of Samus from the moment of her birth and Ridley. It addresses why she will never truly beat Ridley and explains why she's a bounty hunter rather than leader of an army of exterminators. For those familiar with the games that will follow it even eludes to why the baby Metroid in Metroid II will develop an attachment to her.

It ends with her answering a distress beacon from a genetic research facility on planet Zebes. A small blue green planet nested in one of the arms of a milky spiral galaxy...

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll think you know where I'm going with it... And then you'll scream "no effin way! He did not just go there!"

First video game turned movie to out gross Avatar. The success fuels sequels and other game developers line up at my door for Zelda, Blaster Master, and Journey to Silius movie treatments.

Just before I retire I grudgingly accept a contract to do Mortal Kombat correctly.

I refuse several request from Nintendo to do a Mario Bros. Movie stating in one interview "look, if you can't get it right with Bob Hoskins and Dennis Hopper. You just can't get it right."

I spend the days of my retirement playing video games with movie stars I'd previously filmed with and we joke for hours about why it took so damn long for decent video game movies to become a reality.

I pass unexpectedly on Wednesday, June 3rd 2099 when my artificial heart fails due to a faulty battery that was not correctly manufactured to spec by Hyperkin (they make medical devices in the future God help us). The community mourns my loss and while they are doing so... A genetic research facility is sending a distress signal into space as one of their experiments has gone horribly, horribly wrong.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 11:45:36 pm by dashv »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2014, 09:23:25 pm »
dash, my man, you put some serious thought into that. Bravo

*slow clap*

amauriel

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2014, 09:31:11 pm »
Like the exclusive Tommy Hilfiger Game Boy? I saw that once in a Nintendo Power magazine, but have never seen one in actual life.

That one is much less rare than most of the ones I'd like to someday have. The Atlus Game Boy Pocket comes to mind, as does the regular Game Boy that was promotional for Milka with the cow sticker. I've got the Manchester United Game Boy, but I'd like to have some of those contest winners and such.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 11:42:24 pm »
dash, my man, you put some serious thought into that. Bravo

*slow clap*

You know me. I love me some Metroid. ;)