Author Topic: What's your most unrealistic retro gaming dream?  (Read 4138 times)

razorbeamz

What's your most unrealistic retro gaming dream?
« on: June 12, 2014, 09:02:58 am »
A game you think you'll never get, or a way you think you'll never play a game, but you really want to

Mine is 16 player Faceball for Game Boy. To do this, you need 16 copies of Faceball, 16 people, 16 Game Boys, and 4 4-player adapters. None of those things are even remotely feasible to have in the same place at the same time, but it's completely possible.

EDIT: You need 15 link cables too. I forgot about that. And the 4 player adapter only supports original GB style link ports, so if some of the people have Game Boy Pockets, Game Boy Colors, or Game Boy Advances, they'll also need link cable adapters.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 10:36:04 am by razorbeamz »
My collection doesn't include my Steam or PSN games, just physical games.

Re: What's your most unrealistic retro gaming dream?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 09:22:28 am »
I guess you can say it is unrealistic, but a better word would be incredibly unlikely, but it would be awesome to find some Ultra rare game cartridge at a flea market or garage sale for next to nothing. Of course I am talking about something Like NWC (grey or Gold), Stadium Events, Atlantis 2, Tengen Tetris for the Genesis, Powerfest 94, or something else of that sort of rarity. Sadly I'd probably sell any of these if I found them; I love collecting and owning cool, unusual stuff, but holding onto a game cartridge worth thousands is something I could not do. It would go up on Ebay for sure. But yeah, it'll probably never happen :p

bobster

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 09:37:03 am »
I'd really like to get some Neo-Geo arcade cabinets. It's unrealistic for me because I have no space in my current apartment for any, plus they can get expensive. I think a SuperGun is out of the question too.

Other than that, playing 4 player crystal chronicles seems like a pipe dream too.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

abe

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 10:09:50 am »
Finding a complete copy of Earthbound on the SNES anywhere other than the internet, and for a reasonable price.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 11:21:47 am »
Finding a complete copy of Earthbound on the SNES anywhere other than the internet, and for a reasonable price.

There are two, (cart only), at a shop I frequent for $200 a piece. I even asked if that was priced correctly. I thought it went for that with the box and such.

bobster

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 11:28:25 am »

There are two, (cart only), at a shop I frequent for $200 a piece. I even asked if that was priced correctly. I thought it went for that with the box and such.
I know one place selling a complete copy for $550. It makes me sad.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 11:54:10 am »
DuckTales 2 for NES is my holy grail of collecting right now. So I guess owning that would be my dream.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 01:40:34 pm by burningdoom »

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 12:49:20 pm »
My dream is to own all Taito NES games ):
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

soera

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 12:58:29 pm »
My dream has been to get Ys II made for the SMS like it should have been.

abe

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 02:02:04 pm »

I know one place selling a complete copy for $550. It makes me sad.

What's even sadder is that it's not too far off from what they go for on eBay. :'(
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 02:05:53 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 02:37:45 pm »
I want a complete boxed collection of Nintendo 64 games.  I think it was last year I saw a super fantastic collection being sold off on Ebay and it was driving me nuts that I couldn't buy it lol  I might be able to piecemeal a collection slowly and eventually get it, but it's a real pipe dream right now and I really don't expect to complete it.

htimreimer

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 06:45:52 pm »
get every game i played as a kid, the problem with this goal is that some of them i only have a vague memory of them existing, for example,
there is a christian game based on the story of adam and eve that my mom got from one of her homeschooling catalogs and that all i know about it but i still have hope that one day i will have them all

Bwigdahl

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 08:03:28 pm »
get every game i played as a kid, the problem with this goal is that some of them i only have a vague memory of them existing, for example,
there is a christian game based on the story of adam and eve that my mom got from one of her homeschooling catalogs and that all i know about it but i still have hope that one day i will have them all

homeschool solidarity, bro... Did you ever play Captain Bible?

htimreimer

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 09:07:50 pm »

yes, it was and still is a good game, which is surprising because most christian games are vary bad

Bwigdahl

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 10:10:41 pm »

yes, it was and still is a good game, which is surprising because most christian games are vary bad

One of my favorite things about that game is the flying sound effects lmfao! But yeah, that game is decent for what it was. Frustrating as hell sometimes though. Been FOREVER since I've played that, I think I still have the floppies at my parents house. You might be the first person I've ever met (online or otherwise) that has played it, lol