Author Topic: Atari 2600 bundle  (Read 1406 times)

argyle

Atari 2600 bundle
« on: June 24, 2014, 09:11:33 am »
Basically just gauging interest in this right now.  I do want to sell it, just not sure what the best way to go about it is.  I'll have to list the games when I get home, but I believe I have around 20 - 25, ranging from common titles to a few more obscure (but nothing super valuable AFAIK).  The system was mine when I was a kid, and it's been taken extremely good care of.  My mom has had it stored in a box in a closet for years now, so cool dry place.  The games fall into 2 categories - over half of them I bought new as a kid, and those are all in pretty much perfect condition.  The rest I bought in yard sales/thrift stores as a kid so those have various degrees of label damage, but they all work.  Two controllers, but I believe the rubber grip has come off of one of them (I still have it, and was going to see if it's possible to take the controller apart & pop it back on).  All cables/hookups, and I want to say there's a coax adapter on it (going from those 2 metal prong screw-on things that if you weren't alive in the 80's you'd have no idea what they are to a standard coax "cable" connector). 

Again, I'll have to verify most of this, my mom brought me the works but I haven't had a chance to sit down & go through it yet.  Oh, and I have a ton of manuals too and even some of the old ads that came w/ the games, but no boxes.  I'm not looking to make a killing on it, I'm aware it's not made of gold.  :P  I basically don't collect stuff that old so I'd like to see it go to a good home & maybe make a few bucks to put towards something I do want.  :) 

If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll get more details and start re-testing everything. 

EDIT:  OK, here are pics of the games.  Click on them for larger images.  Didn't have as many as I thought, but there are 10 in very good condition & 2 in poor condition.  All 10 of the "very good" ones also come with their manuals, and there are 2 Atari catalogs as well.  I also found some paddle controllers for Breakout/Tennis, but I haven't gone through the system yet.  A couple of the games have some "spotting" on the labels, the worst being Berserk so I took a close-up pic of it in particular.  Dunno what it is, my best guess is old age + glue is affecting the label.  Oh, and the 2 poor ones are Asteroids and Swordquest: Earthworld.

IMG_3183
IMG_3184
IMG_3185
IMG_3186
IMG_3187
IMG_3188
IMG_3189
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 11:20:11 pm by argyle »
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

Re: Atari 2600 bundle
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 11:07:40 am »
Im only looking for one 2600 game. Krull. If you have a complete copy of that one, let me know!

argyle

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 11:33:18 am »
Sorry, don't have that one.  Wonder if it's as bad as the movie?  :P
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 12:17:38 pm »
Funny, I just found a copy of that movie recently at Goodwill.

90snostalga

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 03:20:21 pm »
I am definitely interested to see what the games are you have.  Can you list pics when you get a chance?

argyle

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 05:00:45 pm »
I am definitely interested to see what the games are you have.  Can you list pics when you get a chance?

I'll get the games listed tonight and try to get pics, but those may or may not happen tonight. 

pacpix

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 09:06:46 pm »
Would not be interested in a full bundle as I already have two 2600s and a 7800 console in my room, but if you do end up selling games individually I would definitely be interested.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

argyle

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 11:21:04 pm »
Updated with pics.  Not really looking to split it up, I imagine I'll end up getting stuck with some of it if I do.   :-\

soera

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 11:43:29 pm »
Sorry, don't have that one.  Wonder if it's as bad as the movie?  :P

Bite your tongue! Krull is awesome. :D

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 12:30:04 am »
I already have all this stuff (except a few of the manuals) but damn your stuff is in good condition. :)

pacpix

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 01:15:41 am »
I already have all this stuff (except a few of the manuals) but damn your stuff is in good condition. :)
I own most of the stuff as well.
If anyone is looking at starting a 2600 collection though this is a very nice set of common carts.  Just look out for those text label games, they usually lead down the dark road of 2600 label variation collecting  ;D
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 01:44:38 am »
I own most of the stuff as well.
If anyone is looking at starting a 2600 collection though this is a very nice set of common carts.  Just look out for those text label games, they usually lead down the dark road of 2600 label variation collecting  ;D

I'm tempted to toss out an offer just to swap out some of my beaters with this minty goodness.

But I must be strong. :) must resist.

argyle

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 04:51:43 am »
Once upon a time I had a bunch of oddball games, which is why I mentioned that earlier, but I guess somewhere along the way either I or my mom got rid of them (probably me, it's not like her to get rid of my stuff especially without talking to me about it first).  A shame, but oh well.  :-\

If no one here is interested, I'd also take advice as to what I should ask for the bundle on the 'bay.  :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 11:50:53 am »
You must live a great climate! It's amazing how good of condition some of those carts are in.

The glue that the companies used to stick the labels on the carts is what causes that greasy-looking staining on Atari 2600 carts. As it ages, it does that. And many of your games have virtually none of that!

argyle

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 12:18:33 pm »
You must live a great climate! It's amazing how good of condition some of those carts are in.

The glue that the companies used to stick the labels on the carts is what causes that greasy-looking staining on Atari 2600 carts. As it ages, it does that. And many of your games have virtually none of that!

Ah, ok - that was my best guess as to what it was. It almost looks like mold, but I *know* they've been kept in a dry place so that couldn't be it.  :)