Author Topic: Achtung! Mario Kart Happy Meals  (Read 1374 times)

Achtung! Mario Kart Happy Meals
« on: July 07, 2014, 09:01:39 pm »
McDonald's released Mario Kart 8 Happy Meal toys across the US this past weekend. It's been a while since I've seen Nintendo (or other major game maker) do a Happy Meal toy-line. Pick 'em up while you can. They will be on sale from July 4 through 31.

Official Statement

soera

Re: Achtung! Mario Kart Happy Meals
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 09:21:52 pm »
I just went today to see what the toys are. They are pretty flimsy. Ill end up waiting on Toad but Im not going to bother with the rest of em.

maximo310

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 11:11:57 pm »
I might pick one or two up, but I don't really expect high quality when they make so many batches of these toys.

karyann

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 04:02:03 pm »
For $2, it's good-enough quality for me :) I'm trying to complete the set, but out of 10 McD's I went to, 9 had Mario + Luigi, and the last one had Yoshi + DK, so I'm missing half of the set. They don't usually have ALL the same stuff, I wonder what's happening.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 04:20:27 pm »
I thought they typically had staggered releases.

soera

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 05:01:44 pm »
They definitely are staggering the release. And I fell victim to the cost vs value and bought the first 4 the other day. I got a $5 tip on a delivery right by a McD so went in and they had Mario/Luigi/DK/Yoshi so I snagged them all. Not sure I want the visor but Ill end up getting Peach, Toad, and Bowser for sure. There will probably be more out sometime next week.

argyle

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 10:18:05 pm »
So you can just flat-out buy the toys for $2/each & not buy a happy meal?  Because actually having to buy McDonald's food would be a serious negative to this "deal" imo.  :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 10:19:55 pm »
In Oklahoma, the toys are $1 each without a meal.

argyle

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 10:40:17 pm »
Hrm, I may swing by a store tomorrow while I'm out & see what they tell me then. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

karyann

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 12:44:18 am »
Here in Canada it's either 0,75$ for a toy with a happy meal, or 2$ for a toy alone. I can ask to buy the one I want, too, which doesn't seem to always be the case for some others.

soera

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 02:26:34 am »
I just picked up #5 and 6 (Toad and Bowser). They only charged me 59 cents each. :) All Im missing now is Peach and that stupid visor.

soera

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 07:05:00 pm »
Got all 8 now. Going to add them to the database.